New/OLD gun

Meiji_man

It's been years since i posted here but i just got a new gun and need info on it.

H&R 925 chambered for the .38 SW

Plastic wrap around handle. 5 shot. Break action.

I can't find any specifics on the .38 SW like round wieght and fps etc.

Hell I can't find any info at all... like where to buy ammo.

Oh and just because someone is going to ask I bought it for $100 from my boss at work.

wayneinFL

Remington and Winchester still make ammo for it. I have a box of Remington in my cabinet right now. I got it at a Bass Pro Outdoor World last year. The box I have is 146gr round nose lead. I think that's what Winchester makes, too. 38 S&W is slow- less than 700fps.

Have you tried the local gun shops? You might get lucky.

donkee

I have a partial box of the remington left. a bit pricey at 18.00 for 50 rounds. I ordered some CLFN 160gr from beartooth pushed by 1.8gr of unique. they are truly slow, but your smith is better made than my iver johnson. at 15yds, you get a mild bang followed by a smack as it hits the plywood. fun to shoot.

If I remember right, cheaperthandirt.com has it and places like gander mountain can order it.........

Quantrill

The British used this round in WWII with a 200gr bullet (really really slow) but it worked quite well for them until the Germans complained that it broke the rules of war in having a lead bullet (not hardball). If you reload for this round, it has a bullet diameter of .360, not .357 like a lot of folks think. Good luck with it. It should be a fun gun. Quantrill

Meiji_man

Thanks for the help, called around and found a box of Winchesters for 21.99.

Bought some brushes and a bore-snake and the gun cleaned up real nice.