New/Old Fun Today

skeeter1

Like many of you, I've got a safe brimming with a bunch of fun toys to head to the range with. I added one more to the arsenal today, but a little different -- a new air rifle. I already have two pneumatic airguns, a Crosman rifle and a Benjamin pistol, but they're both 40+ years old and really beat up.

Now I can have a little fun just by walking down to my basement and my little 25' range with the steel bullet trap.

I got a modest Crosman 2250B rifle (Pyramyd Air, $77) that didn't hurt the budget, yet seems relatively accurate and is certainly is cheap to shoot. This is my first CO2-powered airgun, and I'm enjoying not having to pump it up. I've never warmed up to springers, and the prices for them are quite a bit higher.

So, I cut my teeth on a Daisy BB gun, and have spent thousands over the years on fine firearms, and here I am tickled silly over a new airgun. It gives me more opportunities to shoot, and what's not to like about that? :)

jfrey123

A coworker of mine picked up a air rifle that has a break barrel: You open the barrel to load it and that motion single pumps it, which is all it needs. It shoots something like 1300 fps and has a factory scope (3x9 if I remember right, but why would you need it?). He's had the same reaction, just a bit more gitty I suppose. He gathered up his girlfriend's kids that first weekend and had a big tournament shooting from inside the garage to a target in the back yard. :cool: