New Offerings in Makarov

Kevin_d77

Are there any current offerings chambered in Makarov? I have a couple older pieces which are nice and I absolutely do not want to add another caliber (I.e. 380) so are there any more current options?

CWKahrFan

CZ82 & 83 are the last recent productions I know of available in US... 83 in 9x18 discontinued a year or two ago. Don't know of any others. Interesting question though.

I guess... though the round has many fans and new production ammo is available... when it's decision time for handgun manufacturers, they're always opting for the popular .380 now.

Walt Sherrill

I guess... though the round has many fans and new production ammo is available... when it's decision time for handgun manufacturers, they're always opting for the popular .380 now.

Actually, I'm surprised that K-T and some of the others offering .380 guns haven't made versions in 9mm MAK -- as it would probably only take a barrel change for most of them. (That's all that's required with a Makarov or CZ-82 or CZ-83; even the magazines work with either caliber, but with one less round in the case of the CZs using 9mm Makarov.)

Kevin_d77

Yea, I have an 82 and the Polish p64. I want a genuine Mak but always wondered if there was any production guns being made. I would be interested in one for sure. Heck, even the PPK only comes in .380 and .22 right now.

I don't believe that there are any 9x18s currently in production - at least, none which are imported. I've got two Pistolet Makarovas and love them. Their unbelievable simplicity of design and their ruggedness have always fascinated me. But my P64 is almost always my pocket gun, and I consider my vz.82s to be the Cadillac of the 9x18 guns.

Kevin_d77

I would buy a Sig in the P238/938 style in makarov in a heartbeat. I just have no desire to add another caliber at this point, especially when it has less performance to a similar size.