New Mossberg 500's

TMackey

Do you have to complete the manufacturing process on the new 500's and polish the chamber to have a reliable shotgun?

I owned one several years ago and it ran flawless out of the box. Do Mossberg's still work like they should? Any problems I should be aware of buying new or should I go older and used?

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
My Maverick 88 (cheap version of a 500) has been fine as frogs hair. I have heard of no out of the box issues with any pump mossberg other than what seems to have been a bad batch of mag springs. I did do an initial strip and clean for a fella on his Maverick 88 and felt a piece of 320 or 400 grit wet and dry sand paper would have really smoothed the action. But I haven't handled a new Mossberg 500. I will go feel the actions on the ones at Walmart and local shop since you piqued my curiosity.
Brent

levrluvr

No problems whatsoever with my 500 I bought late last summer. All I did was give it the standard cleaning I give to all new gun purchases.

the rifleer

I just bought a new one about a month ago, it has worked flawlessly so far. I'm really happy with it. Its a 20 gauge 6 shot model.