New Mosin Nagant 1942

TMW89

New to me I guess. I just picked up a 42 mosin 91/30. I've taken it all apart, appears to be in pretty darn good shape. I free floated the barrel with a little light sanding on the stock. I have to wait til next weekend to shoot it.
Any other ideas for what I should do with this thing? I would like to keep her original mostly.

TMW89

Thank you! I've watched YouTube videos where people shimmed the very end of the stock. Using sheet-cork gasket material mostly.
With mine, I lightly sanded the barrel channel, kind of leaving the very end thinking I wouldn't need the shim there. I suppose I ought to sand the end down too, then add the shim.
I appreciate the links

tahunua001

whatever you do stay away from ATI products. you'll seriously regret it after the fact. lots of drilling and tapping and nothing stays where it should.

TMW89

Oh I don't intend to alter it really. The farthest I would go is one of those brass-stacker scope mounts. Apparently they only use the holes in the rear sight after you take the pins out. So it won't alter the gun permanently. Anyone found that to be true?

Clark

tahunua001
whatever you do stay away from ATI products. you'll seriously regret it after the fact. lots of drilling and tapping and nothing stays where it should.

1) Yes, the ATI stock for the mosin nagant is not as good as the original military stock.
2) Yes, the ATI bolt modification is not solid.
3) No, the ATI scope mount is very well designed and very well made.

I have designed, built, and tested a number of Mosin Nagant scope mounts. The ATI is simple elegance.
It has a V block force multiplier compression connection to the receiver.
I do not waste my time any longer. I just buy the ATI, pull the barrel, and add another hole.

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Tech...UTF8&qid=1377755208&sr=1-9&keywords=ati+mosin

ATIscopemountcontactlines6-26-2012.jpg

extrahole.jpg

ATIMosinNagantscopemount2009typetop2011typebottom7-15-2011.jpg

TMW89

Thanks clark
I just dont want to permanently change her. Maybe if I get another junker one down the road

TMW89

Thanks clark
I just dont want to permanently change her. Maybe if I get another junker one down the road