New Model 70

Abel

Do the new South Carolina-made rifles have "Made in Columbia, South Carolina" stamped on the barrel? I saw a new Featherlite at a gunshop in Fayetteville, NC that had "Made in Idaho" stamped on the barrel.

ZeroJunk

Sure it wasn't rebarreled? I thought they were made in CT.before SC.

Maybe it was Utah instead of Idaho.

ZeroJunk

I guess their U.S.corporate headquarters must be at the Browning location now. Not sure why they would or wouldn't put the manufaturing location on it somewhere.

Browning used to put Morgan Utah, or St. Louis on their barrels, but they also put made in Belgium on it.

IOW, beats me.

kraigwy

I just checked mine, (FN M-70 Featherweight) and it does say made in Morgan Utah.

Isnt that the old Browning plant???????????

Regardless, I still think the new FN model 70s are the best of the litter.

ZeroJunk

I didn't think they ever actually manufactured in Utah? I thought it was just the FN/ Browning U.S. headquarters. I seem to remember sending a shotgun to St Louis to be reblued even after the guns were marked Morgan Utah.

Maybe somebody will check in with the details.

TXGunNut

Built @ FN plant in Columbia, SC. HQ is Morgan, UT. I have a new Super Grade that I'm not very happy with but apparently it's the exception to the rule. Beautiful wood and excellent workmanship. The service center (in Morgan, UT) told me to send it in and they'd address it. I've posted about it elsewhere so won't go into it again until I give them a chance to fix it.