New Model 60 and some questions

RimfireChris

I've just got a new Model 60, and I'd like too put a set of Williams Fire sights on it. My question for those who've used the is how does the elevation adjustment work? From the picture, it looks like the style where the elevation screw raises the sight up by pushing against the barrel, and I don't want that, but all the pictures I've seen aren't really clear. If anyone can tell me for sure I'd appreciate it. Also, I'm thinking about ordering the laminated stock, but I've never had on before, how weather resistant are they? It rains an awful lot up here, so I'm kinda leaning away from wood on most of my new guns, but want something prettier than plastic. Thanks in advance folks.

seanc

You are correct, it does elevate via the direct contact of the screw on the barrel. I like the Williams Fire sights and have them on an SKS, but I'm not happy with how they're working on my Marlin. My complaint is that the front sight moves. It waggles. Unfortunately, for the Marlin, there aren't a lot of replacement options. I may go back to putting the scope back on. Dang...

Clone

Tech Sights are a good alternative for the Marlin 60. A bit pricey, but well worth the money.

RimfireChris

Thanks guys, that's what I needed to know in a nutshell. Kinda a bummer though, I've got a set of fiber optic sights on a pellet gun and really enjoy them, I was hoping for more of the same. Tech sights it is then.