New Model .22 lr with iron sights

Marquezj16

I'm looking for a .22 lr rifle with iron sights. I would like to use it for local gun range competetion out to 100 yards.

My requirements are:

it must be a new model
it must have iron sights
bolt or semi is ok
wood or synthetic is ok
accurate out to 100 yards
not picky about ammo
Price under $500

My current .22lr rifles are M&P 15-22 with magpul bus and Rem 597 (3-9x40 scope).

What are your suggestions based on your experience or ownership?

Thanks in advance.

Any model CZ 452, if you can find one. The iron sights are far superior to the 455s The 452 Trainer can sell for around 360.00 NIB.

DaleA

+1 on the guys recommending the CZ bolt guns. They are developing quite a reputation for accuracy. I've seen them for $455 at some gun shops so that just slides in under your price limit and they're bolt guns so I imagine they'd feed any and all ammo but they probably will have a 'favorite' as far as accuracy goes so try a lot of different brands if you get one.

As an aside...Remington makes great claims for the accuracy of the 597. Which model do you have and what has been your experience?

bullethole1

I just bought a brand new marlin 60 last wednesday for $190,it has a tubular magazine feed.It is Very accurate like ^ said. I have 3 of them,reason being is that I love the gun so much that I bought additional ones just in case marlin quit making them,they are that accurate,I can shoot doves heads off at about 20 yards standing up! :eek:

jlove1974

Any marlin will have decent sights, microgrooved rifling, and excellent accuracy in .22LR. I suggest looking at the 981T (bass pro usually carries one) bolt action tube fed and shoots all 3 types of ammo. I think it holds more than 20 rounds of .22 Shorts if squirrel hunting is your thing.

Also, the Marlin Golden 39A lever action rifle is perhaps the finest affordable .22 rifle made. The quality and accuracy I would match up with any CZ.

And, they are all made in the USA :)

4EVERM-14

Savage Mark I FVT or Mark II FVT.
Both come with target style aperture sights including changeable front inserts and Accutrigger. Under $500.

dgludwig

Ruger used to sell their fine Model 77/22 .22 sporter with open sights but I don't know if they still do.

Marquezj16

@Dale - Remington REM26513 Rem 597 22LR Auto BL Syn, it comes with a scope. It's plenty accurate with the scope. Use to be a golfball out at our range at the 100 yard berm, it was a lot of fun shooting at it. As long as the wind was not gusting we'd hit it 7 out of 10 times. I say we because my wife also has one. They are fun rifles when we just want to get some trigger time.

Marquezj16

Savage Rimfire 20700 Mark II G

I saw this at Gander Mountain. I really like the stock. And the price was not bad, although higher than other places. Any thoughts on this rifle?

I also saw a Ruger 10-22 but the wood stock did not feel comfortable to me.

I've been looking around for CZ in my area and nobody seems to carry them. I have never bought a gun from online so I guess I will keep locking.

Thanks for the responses so far.