New mfg. inland m1 carbine

Brutus

Had some interest in the 1945 model when they first came out. Took a pass when I read some reviews about teething problems.
Wondering if they got the bugs worked out.

yorec

Pretty cool to have one of the old historical companies breathing new life - I didn’t know they were still around!

I have an original Inland M1 Carbine manufactured in 1943 - nice to see that they say the new carbines they’re producing will swap out parts - now I have a parts source if I ever have issues... And looks like a new manufacture magazine source!

Will have to get some mags to see how they go! I’m afraid my love for my M1 carbine doesn’t run deep enough to try one of their new carbines tho... $$$ :eek:
Hope someone will chime in and let ya know how they go — I’m curious too!

- Thanks for the info. :cool:

ThomasT

They are not the same companies. The new made guns are made by Inland but they just picked the name and are not a part of the originally own GM plant.

When the new Inlands came out they had some problems with the bolts. I called them on the phone and they told me that after SN 1200 everything had been corrected.

I wanted one of the new guns but between the cost of the gun and the ammo cost I gave up on the idea. There are better carbines for way less money that are much cheaper to shoot. A 9mm carbine works for me. Love my old Marlin Camp Carbine.

AK103K

What are these new guns selling for in the wild?

Around here, you can usually get a "nice " original GI gun for around $800-1000.

COSteve

The Inland M1 Carbine is priced too high for what it's worth and the new 'Inland' just bought the naming rights to the company from GM so they have nothing to do with the original M1 Carbines.

While I have a real '43 NPM M1 Carbine that's in pristine shape, it's become too valuable to shoot as a piece of history so in Feb, 2012 (before Inland started selling their's) I got an Auto Ordnance M1 Carbine.

It's significantly more accurate and more reliable than even my pristine NPM producing groups less than ½ the size of the GI version (under 2" at 100 yds with the AO and my handloads vs over 4" with my NPM and the same ammo).

As to reliability, all M1 Carbines aren't perfectly reliable as the charging handle will get some use, however, my AO is more reliable than it's GI namesake. In addition, with over 5K rds in my AO, it shows no wear or sloppy action.

Lastly, at $752 for Auto Ordnance's AOM130 model M1 Carbine vs $1,099 for Inland's ILM140 model M1 Carbine (both in stock at at Bud's now), I'll take the $350 difference and buy ammo (or in my case, components to make my own).

GI NPM on top, AO on the bottom (I added a repro Type II adjustable rear sight on my AO vs the standard Type I flip sight. It cost me $29 at the time and I see them on Amazon now for $34.)

9BJZzqQ.jpg

silvermane_1

They are not the same companies. The new made guns are made by Inland but they just picked the name and are not a part of the originally own GM plant.

When the new Inlands came out they had some problems with the bolts. I called them on the phone and they told me that after SN 1200 everything had been corrected.

I wanted one of the new guns but between the cost of the gun and the ammo cost I gave up on the idea. There are better carbines for way less money that are much cheaper to shoot. A 9mm carbine works for me. Love my old Marlin Camp Carbine.
^Well that's why you buy a set of 30 Carbine deluxe carbide die there ratshooter. ;)

Brit

A Buddy and I, walking around a Pawn Shop, years ago, saw two original 30 Carbines go across the counter! 30 days later, we had one each, $500.00 apparently they had languished in an armoury in Germany since 1945. Fired it to see if it worked, it did, now a safe Queen.

ThomasT

^Well that's why you buy a set of 30 Carbine deluxe carbide die there ratshooter.

You're preaching to the choir. I have been reloading for 37 years now and cast most the bullets used in my handguns. I reload for everything I shoot except 25acp and I don't shoot it enough to merit the effort.

One of the biggest selling points to the 30 carbine was that first they used to be cheap to buy and second surplus ammo was available at almost give away prices. Those days are gone now. And 30 carbines are like any other semi-auto, they do their damnedest to chunk your reloadable brass away never to be seen again.

So now between the cost of the guns, original or new made and the cost of the ammo or reloading supplies they just aren't worth it to me. But if they float your boat then get one. They are fun to shoot.:)

Last edited:

COSteve

I shoot semi-auto rifles in 40s&w, .223/5.56, .30 Carbine, .308/7.62x51, and 30-06 and semi-auto pistols in 40s&w, 45acp, 10mm, and 45 Super; 10s of thousands of rounds as I handload for all of them as well as for my SA pistols and leverguns too.

Yes, picking up brass can be a bit of a pain, but then again, at my range during the last 20 years I've picked up enough left brass to: trade a dealer 10K pieces of FC 5.56 during the brass shortage for 3 Sleeves (15K) of Win SR primers worth $428 at the time, sold enough pistol and rifle brass to buy .3K of new Starline 45 Super brass, .5K of new Starline 45 Colt brass, .5K of new Win 30-30 brass, 1.5K of new Win primed 10mm brass, and 2.5K of new Starline .357mag brass as well as new reloading die sets for .357Mag, 45 Colt, 30-30, and 300 Savage.

In addition to what I've sold, I've kept 10.5K of true once fired LC 5.56, 3K of true once fired LC 7.62x51, 2.5K of true once fired HXP (Greek) 30-06, 1.5K of true once fired LC M2, 30-06 (crimp still there in each) as well as 15K of true once fired Win, Speer, and R-P 40s&w, 12K of true once fired Win, Speer, and R-P 45acp, .3K of true once fired Win 30-30, and .15K of true once fired Win 300 Savage brass that I personally saw shot so for me it's worth it to police up both my brass and the once fired left brass at the range. (I pick up a lot of brass but sell or scrap all mil brass that has no crimp or commercial brass I didn't see actually first fired depending upon condition.)

But then again, everyone might not have access to the brass I've seen over the last 17-20 years so I guess it's up to each of us to decide if picking up brass is part of our handloading hobby or not.