• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

New members

Bob Thompson

Just wondering why there seems to be so many new members here in the last year. Economy, political or just plain shooting interest? Like some others I went over to "TheHighRoad" for a while while we were down but came back as soon as we were back up and now go to both as well as many other more specific sites. I think this is still the best general shooting site around. What do you all think is the reason for so many newbies. Thanks, Bob

Avizpls

After a web site gets "so" big, the ease of finding it increases. I think there are just as many people interested as ever, but consider that (the new found probability of finding the site) and the demographics. A lot of the new shooters (self included) are by virtue in thier twenties and probably proficient with a PC. Therefore the amount of shooters in the US might stay the same, but a greater percentage of us find ourselves online.

xmastree

I joined this year, can't remember exactly why...

I think I found the forum whilst googling for information. I only got into shooting this year.

38splfan

Happened to Google into it.

Got "Googled" over here, and have been hooked ever since. I am 21 years old and have been shooting since I was eight. Mostly just interest.

sarmstrong806

I just turned 21 so I got interested in buying my own handgun. I've had many shotguns and rifles but handguns sparked my interest to become involved.

Found TFL referred to in the PistolSmith forum. Forums are truly great online resources.

bill k

I was looking for an answer to a question about bullet seating a few days ago. I stumbled on this site and was surprised to get such an indept and accurate explanation. I was sure I new the answer, but the information I got explained the ifs, ands, and whys of the question.

Last edited:

mill hunky

hi bob, i`m a new member and i was on 3 different times yesterday, spent total about 4 hours just reading the different forums. got a few answers on a post. i `m glad i found TFL , and there is a lot of info and help on he site. thinking that i`m lucky to participate with something we all have an interest in.