New member saying HI

snail

Hello all. I have been shooting for a few years now. My ex-father-in-law loves to skeet shoot on his hill, so I shot alot of shotgun rounds. I bought a Low-point 380 on my 21st birthday because I didn't know better. It has never cycled an entire magazine!!! I just recently bought a S&W Sigma .40 for my CCW and armed security job. I have heard alot of bad things about it, but I love it. I have almost 1000rds through it, and have never had a misfire! I couldn't be happier with my glock copy. I know I will learn alot here, and I am glad to be here. FYI, I own a 500 Mossberg, marlin .22, a Wincheter .30-30 lever-action, and the mentioned handguns.

kayakersteve

Welcome to the forum - Remember, everything you hear is OPINION, and not always accurate - I am sure your gun is great - Enjoy

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to The Firing Line, Snail. :)

If the Sigma works for you without a hiccup - don't let anyone say boo to you about it. I have a Taurus PT145 that I have had no misfeeds, FTEs or FTFs with since I had the frame replaced. It's still a "bad reputation" pistol, but this one works for me.

-Dave

snail

I have found in my limited time with the S&W that everybody has an opinion. I am glad I didn't listen to their opinions when I bought it though, it seems like a great gun. Thank you all for the warm welcome, and I am enjoying all the information I am getting from reading past postings.

Slugthrower

Welcome to TFL.

I can see that you like low cost firearms. Your next S&W could be the 22L or 22A. They may not have a very nice finish, but they are very accurate and fun to shoot. Since center fire ammunition is getting rather expensive, it is a good idea to have a .22LR for low cost shooting. Besides no firearm collection is complete without a .22LR of some sort. Have fun and shoot safe brother. :)

snail

Well in my defense, I only have lowcost firearms because I have a medium income. With all the bills and such money runs out too fast. And I am looking for a .22lr pistol, so I will check out the S&W.