New Makarov

Gunner's mate

Well, I finally did it. I bought a Mak. Russian with the adj. sights. Got two mags with it and a holster. The finish is exceptional for a less than $200. pistol. The grip angle seems slightly different than what I am used to but, I will give it a fair trial. A trip to the range is on order soon.

johnAK

congrat!
Don't be discouraged by its price, it is cheap only because ex-communist country is dumping for cash,
If it had been manufactured for that quality in US or western Europe somewhere, it would have been much much expensive, ( I think at least 500$-600$)
I have too, and love it.

denfoote

Congrats on your new Mak. You have now been assimilated. Is it .380ACP, or 9x18mm??????? My Russian commericial is the former. Don't be surprised if you find yourself aquiring more of these little gems. ;)

Gunner's mate

To the range

I headed out to the range today to fire the Mak but by the time I got there it was crowded. I'll get out early tommorow. I'll let you know how it shoots. By the way, it is a 9X18 cal.

oweno

Welcome to the Unofficial Mak Owner's Club. If you do a search in here for 'Makarov' you'll find a wealth of info.

Owen

Gunner's mate

New Mak

Got to the range early today and fired the Mak. It was great. The adjust. sights are good because it took a while to get the S&Bs on target. I also fired some steel cased Russian stuff. It was a bit too hot for my taste. No problems of any kind. Yes, I think that I am hooked.

denfoote

Welcome to the Unofficial Mak Owner's Club. If you do a search in here for 'Makarov' you'll find a wealth of info

I think it should be properly called the Makarov Collective.
Resistance is futile!!!!!
Prepare to be assimilated!!!!!

scoops

they are fantastic guns.like i have posted elseware they are as good if not better than walther ppk.my EAST GERMAN has the best trigger of any handgun i have ever shot.my bulgie is a sweet little gem also.id like to get a russian and a norinco(chianeese).the great thing about there low price is you can collect(acumilate )several and shoot them.my EG is a 1961 .

cocojo

I always like the "Makarov Connection" as a name.
Just ordered my third Mak another unissued Bulgie.

I have the Bulgarian, the Russian, and the East German. I was done until I woke up the other night in a cold sweat realizing that I don't have a Chinese. I think the light is attracting them.

Jesse H

whywhywhy?

already have a walther...but now you guys are tempting me to get a mak.

can anybody please suggest me an inexpensive hobby? :)

cocojo

Don't wait too long everyone is out of them. JC Armory still has some but stock is depleteing quickly. My FFL guy just ordered three and we wanted red star grips. It seems that everyone wants the red star grip models and I think we are getting either one or two only, he is out of them. Unissued Bulgies are the NUTS. Don't wait you will be sorry you did.
My Mak count is up to three. Two unissued Bulgies and a East German. Now if we could only find another round to replace the de-funct cor-bon 9x18 with the velocity they had. Federals HP are slower than 380, I don't know about Gold Dot but I think they only come in alluminum Blazer. I wish Remington would make their Golden Sabre 102 grain or heavier in 9x18.

Gunner's mate

Makarov

One of the design features I don't like about the Walther PP type, Sig 230s, etc. is the lack of an external slide lock. The Maks have them. BTW, how would I recognize an unissued Bulgarian? Do these guns have a date like the Germans? Thanks everyone for all your help.