New magazine will not fit Glock 43x

Balloffur

Hello, I have a Glock 43x. It came with one magazine (brand not marked - not OEM) and it works great. I ordered a new magazine that is OEM that said it fits the 43x and the 48. It will not fit into the gun due to a small raised bump at the top non one side, and it also measures wider than the magazine that does fit. Anybody know why?:eek:

JohnKSa

Administrator
Well, stating the obvious (which isn't very helpful, I know), it sounds like it's the wrong magazine for the gun.

Not trying to be insulting, but is it possible that the gun isn't a standard 43X? It sounds like maybe you bought it used. Could it actually be a 43 and not a 43X? Or could it be that the frame is from a 43 and the slide is a 43x?

If it's really a 43X, then is there any way you have to confirm that the magazine that won't fit is truly for a 43X?

Mal H

Staff
What are the measurements for your new and old magazines?

A 43 mag is about 1.30" in length, and 0.68" in width (height isn't a factor).

A 43X mag is about 1.30" in length, and 0.80" in width.

[Edited to correct reversed measurements]

JohnKSa

Administrator
Is that right? I don't have them to do the comparison, but I thought the 43x was the wider of the two mags.

L-2

https://www.primerpeak.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Glock-43X-magazine-vs-Glock-43-.jpg

Glock-43X-magazine-vs-Glock-43-.jpg

Here's a 43x/48 mag on left; a G43 mag on right. Photo from the internet.

Mal H

Staff
JohnKSa said:
Is that right? I don't have them to do the comparison, but I thought the 43x was the wider of the two mags.
Oops! You are correct. I had the numbers right in my notes, but I typed them reversed in my post.

I corrected the post.