New Mag Issues

LloydXmas250

I bought two new factory mags for my PX4 9mm. At first I couldn't get either to fall free when releasing the magazine at all. Now they'll fall free every time if the slide is closed, but with it open they seem to just disengage and hang. Every now and then they'll disengage and fall properly but it's not consistant. If I lock the slide back with rounds still in the mag and try to disengage it won't even budge and I have to manually remove the mag. I'm testing all of these scenarios with snap caps. My original mags have none of these issues whatsoever and I don't remember them ever having problems. I'm going to be shooting my first IPSC this weekend and I would like to avoid the embarrassment while competing. Any advice?

Don P

I have to ask, did you buy the correct magazines? I have a PX4 and have had zero issues with factory magazines. With all the different pistols from Beretta full size compact sub-compact and models perhaps you order/purchased the wrong magazines. Just a thought

LloydXmas250

Thanks Don P. When I first started having issues I checked my order but they're right. Everything on them is the same. I'm hoping they're just not broken in. Since I posted this it has gotten better but still not where it should be. If I still have the problem next week I'll contact Berreta. I just didn't know if there is a break in period for magazines.