New M4 on the market

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4igrant

A company called ADS has released an M4 clone that appears to be a very good value. We just got some of these in stock and can honestly say that I am impressed with it.

From looking at the style of the roll marks, I think LAR is making the uppers and lowers. The roll marks on the barrel tells me that Shaw makes them (which is where Colt gets some barrels made).
The other interesting thing about these M4's is that the barrel, upper and lower receiver are finished in Robar's Black Oxide! This is very high quality coating that is also on the expensive side. By coating everything, it gives the weapon a very even finish.

Here are some specs on the weapon:

Barrel Steel: 4150
Twist Rate: 1/7
Chrome lined: Y
F marked FSB: Y
M4 Barrel Extension: Y
M4 cut upper receiver: Y
Mil-Spec 6 position RE: Y
MP tested bolt: Y
AR15 Bolt Carrer: Y
Castle nut staked: Y

The bolt carrier is CMT which means that it is not staked properly. They also use a blue extractor insert VS black one. We will make sure that they are properly staked and the extractor is upgraded before it leaves our shop.

The complete weapon (which includes a hard case, D&H 30rd mag and manual) is $825. You can also just buy the uppers (complete) for $539 and their stripped lowers are $120.

C4

M4.jpg

Upper%20lower%20side%20view.jpg

Upper%20lower%20side%20view1.jpg

M4%20cuts.jpg

Barrel%20roll%20mark.jpg

Last edited:

MTMilitiaman

Goody! Another poodle shooter! As if we didn't have enough of them the way it was.

Another AR is like another 1911--hardly revolutionary or even newsworthy, yet somehow, always on the front page.

Whatever.

c4igrant

If you weren't interested then why bother posting??

The fact is that there are actually VERY few quality AR's out there and even fewer have 1/7 twist barrels and M4 feed ramps. To top it off, this AR is pretty cheap compared to other models with the same features.

C4

tulsamal

The AW ban has been gone for years now. Hard to understand why that "LEO Only" stuff is still on the lower?

Gregg

c4igrant

The AW ban has been gone for years now. Hard to understand why that "LEO Only" stuff is still on the lower?

Gregg

A lot of PD/Agencies require it. This lower can be had with out those roll markings.

C4

Wildalaska

Thats the roll marking found on Colts. I wont say anything more on a FS thread.

WildbacktoputermaintenanceAlaska TM

KFDiesel

What is castle nut staked and why would it be neccessary to make sure it is properly staked before it leaves the shop?

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
If you have them in stock, the proper place to talk about it is in the for-sale forum for long guns. As an ad, of course, not a long dissertation on the merits...

Art

Status
Not open for further replies.