New M&P9

Will Beararms

Using small grip insert. It feels fantastic in the hand relative to the Glock. The plastic work is not on par with Glock or HK. The front of the dust cover looks like someone did a poor grinding job. The slide finish is fine with some spots where the finish did not " take ". The trigger break is good with take up and no tactile, audible reset. I am pleased none the less for a $450.00 handgun. This will be my go to, utilitarian self defense pistol. The molding work on my 2011 Gen. 4 Glock 22 is excellent as is the frying pan finish.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 22

Will Beararms

Here are picks of the dust cover and missing finish on the slide. Granted I don't really care as this will be a tool and not a show piece but it points out as mass produced, armory-grade polymer service pistols go, the attention to detail is not on par with Glock.

marine6680

Congrats

I really like mine. I put in an Apex kit, but if you are handy, you can polish the parts up and replace the factory trigger with an Apex for a similar feel.

None of my M&Ps have had polymer or finish issues though.

They really are good pistols, enjoy.

Will Beararms

It really doesnt matter. It's nitpicking. 20 years from now, as someone said here on another forum here, it will look like a bunch of monkeys were playing with it in a gravel pit. I am a ten yards and in, use it to get to the long gun pistol guy so the trigger will do. The sights are excellent for this 50 something. Imho the factory Glock sights are horrible in terms of how they ride on the slide the silly Goal Post configuration. I prefer how Novak's rear sight is flush with the end of the slide. I see myself getting the M&P45 next.