New M&P40 Two-Tone

SIMP

Picked it up yesterday and will get a chance to shoot today. Looking forward to it.

I sold a Gen 4 Glock 22 that I couldn't warm up to. I love my 9mm Glocks but the 40 caliber didn't agree with me. I've owned an M&P40 in the past and I remember how soft shooting it was for a 40.

Anyway, here it is.....

IMG_7576_zpsl32xuyvn.jpg

Fade2Grey

Congratulations on a fine pistol! Sorry to hear you were having trouble with your Glock. The two tone is sharp! Is this your carry gun?

SIMP

Hey Fade. No, it's not my carry. I alternate between an LCP and a Glock 26.

I actually didn't have any issues with the G22. It was 100% reliable but didn't fit my hand well so I didn't like the felt recoil. The M&P fits me much better and therefore the recoil seems a lot less. I have a few Glocks in 9mm that I really enjoy.

Stay safe!

Fade2Grey

Whatcha gonna use this one for? Other than looking sharp.

The M&P's fit me better, too. I like the more pronounced beavertail. If it doesn't fit, you must acquit!

I will say the Gen 4 Glocks are much more comfortable to me than the other generations.

SIMP

Once it has some more rounds through it, it'll be for night stand duty. I don't see myself carrying it except to the range. A tad too large for me.....but not for my night stand!

I agree that the beaver tail on the M&P is very nice and this 40 caliber really handles like a 9mm. It's a pleasure to shoot.

I wasn't interested in Glocks until I held a gen 4 19. Had to have one. Now I have three Glocks in 9mm!

gunnre

Fool for stainless also. What a pretty gun. Wonder if I can find it in a 9mm? Love my Shield 9mm, just not as pretty as this one.

BigPoppa

Yes, the Full Size M&P40 is a soft shooting firearm. I like it so much that the M&P40C with the Crimson Trace Laser Grip is my EDC.