New leather

Hawg

For my G&G thanks to a buddy on another forum. I supplied the buckle and he supplied the leather and the labor.

GampG_zpsisjhc2pb.jpg

It has no border stamping or tooling because I requested it that way. I wanted something plain that looks like something an ex reb would have had. It's a cross draw with just the right amount of forward cant.

Hoppy

That is really sharp. Is the leather fairly stiff? I have an old leather gunslinger's holster and my 1851 fits it ok, but when holstering the old softened leather catches on the cylinder. Love to see a picture of it on.

44 Dave

Nothing wrong with the Confederate States of America buckle either. I use the oval one with the back hooks for the last 50 years. It is about ready for new leather, yours sure looks wonderful.

Hawg

Thanks. Yes it's stiff, as a holster should be. It's a little snug but it will break in. The color is all about the same that's just the light making it look darker. I've got an old lead filled oval buckle but it's pretty dinged up.

buckle.jpg

Last edited:

Roaddog

Your buddy did a very nice job on that belt and holster.The buckle realy sets the hole rig off.We just don't get to see things like that up here in Minnesota.Thanks for sharing with us.

Hawg

Not exactly a Christmas package, just the right timing. I cut him some slack on my Sharp's and he made it out of appreciation.