New Kimber 85m owner

The_Ripper

I just brought home a new Kimber 84m, .308. I was wondering if anyone could give me any input about the trigger pull. The factory setting is about 3.5-4 pounds. I didn't know if I should adjust because of how light the rifle is, or if I should leave it where it's at.

AllenJ

It is up to you. Dry fire the rifle and if you like it at 3.5 then leave it, if you want it lighter then adjust it. I like my hunting rifles to have a 2.5 - 3 pound pull.

jmr40

I like mine just as it came from the factory. On a hunting rifle, fired from hunting positions, around 3.5 lbs is about as light as I want.

There is an interesting article in this months Field and Stream. They conducted several "myth buster" type tests on rifles and shotguns. One was to determine how much if any difference trigger pull actually made from hunting positions. From field positions all shooters actually had smaller groups with the gun with the heavier trigger.

mete

It's not just the trigger pull. It's also creep etc. I like 2.5-3.5 .My 223 Kimber is 2.25 , clean, no creep. I don't know if that light trigger is typical for the 223 but it saved me from any adjusting.