New Inland Manufacturing M1 Carbine

gyvel

You make this statement in your review:

"...flat parkerized finish on the steel parts and receiver which is CAST."

Does that mean the receiver is cast Zamak or an investment cast STEEL receiver?

Last edited:

dahermit

A 30 round mag catch was used to allow high-capacity magazines.
I have no idea what this means...I own an original Carbine and it accepts both the 15 round magazines and the one 30 round magazine I have. What is a "...30 round mag catch..."?

Ibmikey

Gyvel, the receiver is cast high stre ngth steel, nothing wrong with cast and done properly is as good as a steel forging at less cost. Bill Ruger took casting to a new art form with his techniques.

gyvel

Gyvel, the receiver is cast high stre ngth steel, nothing wrong with cast and done properly is as good as a steel forging at less cost. Bill Ruger took casting to a new art form with his techniques.

Yes, I have no problem with investment cast steel, but he doesn't specify the material used. I was trying to find out if he meant cast Zamak, which I think would be a total disaster for a relatively powerful round like a .30 carbine.

amd6547

Quote:
A 30 round mag catch was used to allow high-capacity magazines.
I have no idea what this means...I own an original Carbine and it accepts both the 15 round magazines and the one 30 round magazine I have. What is a "...30 round mag catch..."?

The 30 round mag catch has a projection on the left side, and hooks a catch on the left side of the magazine. Makes for a more secure lock up of the mag.
It is not absolutely needed in a semi, and was developed for the M2 full auto variant.
It is easy to swap the mag catch, and if you use 30's a lot, it is a good idea.
I put one on my Inland just because, and it does make the mag more secure.
Overall, I prefer the 15rd mags.