New Henry Golden Boy

markm_04

I have been wanting a Henry Golden Boy for years and never have taken the opportunity to get one. Well this weekend was my birthday (June 14) and Father's Day (June 15). On a side note, last year was very rough on my family as I spent my birthday and first Father's Day (as a father) in the hospital. So as a birthday/fathers day gift, my wife surprised me and got me a brand new Henry Golden Boy in .22lr. She is an amazing woman and worked with some friends of mine so that she could get it to me as a surprise. Needless to say, I was speechless when I unwrapped the box and opened it up to see the gun.

I enjoyed working the smooth action as I put a couple hundred rounds through it this weekend. It is an amazing gun that I am very proud to own and I look forward to passing it down to my son in the future. I just have to brag a little and say that my wife is an amazing woman and she never ceases to amaze me.

Waspinator

I'm green with envy. I've been looking at those Henry .22's for a couple of months now and twice I had the money to buy one..... and twice something came up that required me to spend that money on something else (as resently as this past weekend!). Now, I'm at square one again and saving the money on the side from scratch.... again, lol. Hopefully sometime in July I can pounce on one!

Congrats on the new rifle, I hope you get many years on enjoyment from it. I don't think congrats is in order for your wonderful wife... you already know you're a lucky guy :)