New Henry 22 Is A Joy

44caliberkid

Years ago I was scoring a steel buffalo shoot, big black powder cartridges, Sharps rifles, Remington rolling blocks, and a few Winchester high walls. They had a .22 side match with little buffs, probably no farther than 100 - 200 yards, and I borrowed a guy's then new Henry Golden Boy 22, octagon barrel, buckhorn sights, and was binging those buffs with ease. I have since looked at Henry's many times, just always had something else I wanted more. So a few weeks ago I was walking through the farm store and they had a new Henry, black finished receiver, octagon barrel and nice walnut for $349. Ten minutes later I was walking out with it. During last weeks warm weather I had a chance to wring it out at the range, using Federal 36 grain, high velocity HP. With the rear sight set at 3 notches up the ladder, it hits point of aim at 100 yards, and in the X ring at 50 yards with a six o'clock hold on a 100 yard small bore rifle NRA bullseye target. Groups are rabbit kill zone at 100 yards, squirrel head shot at 50. Factory trigger is pretty nice. Great plinker. I need to try some target loads and subsonic. I'm sure it would be MOA with a scope, but I just don't like the looks of a scope on a cowboy gun. Very pleased with Henry.