New Heifers for the herd - R & S and Remmie Stainless

bedbugbilly

I purchased these a while back but didn't have the time to go pick 'em up right away from the fellow who had 'em. Finally got the time last week. Have always shot 36 but if Doc Hoy can "expand his horizons" from 44s to 36s, I figured I could put my big boy pants on and get a 44 - only problem is, I ran across two that I couldn't pass up. Sometimes a fella just has to strike when the iron is hot! :)

The first on is a Pietta Remington NMA in stainless. This was sold as "used" but it was really NIB - was in all the original wrappings witht the box and papers. The date code puts it at being born in 2000. The reason I couldn't pass it up? I got it for $199.00. :D I've never been a fan of "shiny" guns but I have to admit, this one is nice. Great fit and finish and a nice, crisp action to it - couldn't ask for anything else. This will make a nice "big brother" to my Remmie Navy.

The Rogers & Spencer is one I've always admired and wanted to at least try sometime. This is a Euroarms brand. It too was sold as "used" but was really NIB. It had all the paperwork with it as well. It looks like it was purchased from Dixie Gun Works as there is some Dixie papers with it as well as the Euroarms papers. It came with the nipple/combo wrench and a spare set of nipples - which I assume they all did. Fit and finish is great and action is also very crisp - a really nice revolver. I had to give a little more for this one - $245.00 - but I figured that it was NIB and from what I'm hearing, Euroarms like this will be hard to come by. I really like the feel of the R & S and I have a feeling it might become a "favorite". I know there are + and - to each model but this one looks like it will be a lot of fun. I expecially like the clearance around the nipples. This one has a mfg. date code of 2009.

All in all, I was happy, the guy I bought 'em from was happy, so I guess it was goo all the way around for everybody. It just goes to show that there are a lot of "new" pistols out there laying around that never got used and if you keep your eyes open, you can eventually run across something. I picked up a box of Hornady .454 balls to try in them and if I'm satisfied with the results, will probably add a mold in that size. I posted a thread asking some questions on the R & S a while back and appreciate the help/advice that was given. Unfortunately, I've been tied up in getting a barn repaired/rebuilt so there hasn't been any "play time". I'll post a range report when I get a chance to try these out. Thanks! :)

Attachments

• Remington NMA Stainless.JPG
    Remington NMA Stainless.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Rogers & Spencer.JPG
    Rogers & Spencer.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 57

sltm1

WARNING, do not, I repeat, do not shoot the Rogers & Spencer.!!! It'll sour you on Remington's ASAP.....courtesy of your local R&S super-supporter, LOL !!!

madcratebuilder

The Euroarms R&S should be a great shooter. I'm very pleased with mine.

RS01.jpg

I added a adjustable front blade so I could bring the POI to the POA.

rssight.jpg