NEW HCI NAME DISCOVERED!!!

simonov jr

NOW DON'T ANYONE LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG BEFORE THEIR BIG JUNE 14TH ANNOUNCEMENT! DAMN, HOPE NOBODY FORWARDS THIS TO ALL THE MAJOR NEWS ORGANS...; )

PS- In case you're wondering, the Brady CENTRE to Prevent Gun Violence parody websites will be up and running well before their "announcement". Sleep tight, Sarah! ; )

http://handguncontrolinc.org and soon, bradycentretopreventgunviolence.org

http://tess.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=doc&state=mje0lu.3.9

BRADY CENTER TO PREVENT GUN VIOLENCE

Goods and Services IC 016. US 002 005 022 023 029 037 038 050. G & S: Printed instructional, educational and teaching materials, cards, informational flyers, leaflets, pamphlets, fax alerts, press releases, and fact sheets concerning handgun violence awareness; bumper stickers and stickers concerning handgun violence awareness; pens, labels, stationery, envelopes, and posters concerning handgun violence awarenessIC 018. US 001 002 003 022 041. G & S: BriefcasesIC 021. US 002 013 023 029 030 033 040 050. G & S: Plastic cups and porcelain mugsIC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing and accessories, namely hats and T-shirtsIC 026. US 037 039 040 042 050. G & S: Political pins and buttonsIC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Educational services, namely, arranging and conducting workshops and seminars at annual public members' meetings in the field of handgun violence awareness and prevention, and distributing materials in connection therewithIC 042. US 100 101. G & S: Charitable fund raising and promoting public awareness regarding the risk and cost of handgun violence and preventative measures to reduce handgun-related injuries and deaths

Mark Drawing Code (3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
Design Search Code 010103 010109 240901 240905 261702
Serial Number 76249805
Filing Date April 25, 2001
Filed ITU FILED AS ITU
Owner (APPLICANT) Handgun Control, Inc. CORPORATION D.C. 1225 Eye Street, NW, Suite 1100 Washington D.C. 20005
Attorney of Record Peter L. Simmons
Description of Mark Color is a feature of the mark. The text and the two stars are in blue. The two wavy lines are in red.
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Other Data The name "Brady" shown in the mark identifies Jim and Sarah Brady whose consent to register and use the name "Brady" by Handgun Control, Inc. as a portion of the mark BRADY CENTER TO PREVENT GUN VIOLENCE and Design is submitted herewith.
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Don Gwinn

Staff Emeritus
Actually, it looks like they've found a way around the parody problem here--part of the defense of the parody sites was that they couldn't trademark common words like handgun or control or violence. With "The Brady Center" etc., they may not have that since their name is a part of it.

On the other hand, it sure does make it look like the biggest reason for the name change was those very parody sites--something some of us wondered about before but dared not assume. I love it!

John/az2

<GRIN>

Also

"Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence"

Taken by HCI:
  • bcpgv.com .net .org
  • bctpgv.com .net .org
  • bradycentertopreventgunviolence.com .net .org
  • bradycampaigntopreventgunviolence.com .net .org

Not taken:
  • bradyctpgv.com .net .org
  • bctpgunviolence.com .net .org

If nothing else we have cost them the price of registering at least two trademarks and the on going annual cost of maintaining at least 12 domain names ($80*4=$320). Ah well, the cost of parody insurance. :D

AND the marketing costs to make the public aware that HCI has had cosmetic surgery, but not a change of heart...HCI and CPHV already have "branding" so that may take some doing... I certainly hope so.

AnotherPundit

That can still be gotten around. Just include a lot of photoshopped parody snapshots of "Brady Bunch" scenes. "A Very Brady Christmas" with all the little bradies sitting around in a circle wearing gestapo gear.

Anyone who's a public figure may be legitimately attacked -- look at websites like ratherbiased.com.

Hey, they didn't take the PLURALIZATIONS, either!

bradyscampaign....

bradycampaigns

bradyscampaigns...

You get the idea, er... ideas. :)

simonov jr

That would be ME sir...

SARAH: "Josh, are you ABSOLUTELY SURE you got all the similar domain names"?

JOSH: "For the LAST TIME Sarah, QUIT WORRYING! I TOLD you I would handle it!..."

TRUST me this is gonna' get fun...

dZ

WHAT ABOUT
THE BRADY CENTER FOR GUN VIOLINS?
or
The Brady Centre for Gun Violence?

or the esily mistyped
Brady Center for Gun Violense

dZ

76249805.gif

gee really professional work

is that Times Roman?

;)

Ironbarr

I'm lost...

Whois says bradycentretopreventgunviolence.org (and .com) were registered in May. With the disclaimer and legalese now fronting a Whois query, I'm not publishing results here. Someone enlighten me, please.

ninenot

Yeah, the Brady Bunch puns/parodies come to mind quickly. Including the reported 'relationship' between the Mom Brady and one of the young 'uns off set. Maybe a picture of the Bradys well-armed would be a nice leadoff--or a cast picture with three of the kids blanked out due to 'gun control' and an unfortunate meeting with a criminal...???

Jim V

How about the INS raid photo with Marsha's face on Ellian's(sp) head and Sarah for the INS agent?

Ironbarr

dz: wunderbar!

World: Okay, so I didn't spell "center" right - I did on the look-up.

Oh well - chalk it up to experience - too many years of it.:eek: