New H&K website is "flashy"

Forseti

Its pretty neat...color exploded diagrams of their products...I could do without the music though...

http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/flash.html

For many weapons, the manuals can be downloaded. Not the P7, however.

I also asked them in a phone call if the P7 was "going away", as some rumors have said. They said its a year to year decision...but not in 2002. Don't know what is in store for 2003.

WC15

I work on the marketing of web sites and customers dont understand a cool Flash web site sucks. Actually the over use of it sucks. I listen to music all day and I dont want to H & Ks music and have to look away from the screen because things are moving way too fast.

LetsFetz

... the intro is a bad clone and an unsuccessful try to copy some very good 3D action scripts and intros hovering on the web ... Flash is learning usability at the moment with the release of Flash MX and input of guru Jakob Nielsen ... HK has obviously completely missed the bus ... many usability flaws and even when forgiving them usage of Flash that dominantly at all, still quite a useless rape and abuse of rich web site content ... congratulations HK, you just joined the elite group of 85% of unsuccessful e-businesses due to bad usability ...

... OTOH - the clumsiness of their web site seems to be a perfect match to the unhandy brickface grips of their USP's :rolleyes: :D ...

Betty

At least they have the "skip intro" option. I hate web sites that don't give me that option. If they don't and the flash intro takes too long, I end up skipping the ENTIRE SITE.

LetsFetz

... sorry, if the lights are not on yet, but - SEO? ...

Search Engine Operator - nope
Search Engine Optimizer - yep, amongst other things
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity - hmmm
Stichting voor Economisch onderzoek (Universiteit van Amsterdam) - never

Shake

LetsFetz,
the clumsiness of their web site seems to be a perfect match to the unhandy brickface grips of their USP's
I think the "brickface grips" of the USPs are a perfect match for my hands. . . May not be handy for you, but they are more than handy for a lot of shooters. . . in fact, they are ideal for some.

Shake

WC15

Search Engine Optimizer is the one. Sorry I am so use to using the lingo of search engine junk.

LetsFetz

WC15: check PM

Shake: HK = good quality german engineering - no doubt ... as you said - not for everybodies hands ... mine are broad but the fingers rather short ... would have really enjoyed that USP40C, but ...

agtman

"New H&K website is 'flashy'"

Heh, heh, heh. ;)

Almost like those glossy H&K ninja-swat posters? :D :D

Okay, just kidding. :)

chink

they loose, well.. the web designer does. why do they have to resize my window? I am using mozilla and opening it in a tab, so it resizes the only browser window i have open, which means I need to resize it. only to have them resize it again when the flash is done. Whats that all about.

I didn't get to any content, killed the tab after it resized me a second time.