New gun, so I Need a holster

DBAR

Ok people, I need some advice or opinions.

I just got a SIG P220 SAO, and I'm a lefty. I'm thinking that I want something OWB, and leather. I want a holster that will cover the muzzle. This is a gun that I may carry in the winter, but never in the summer. I live in the Kansas City, Missouri area so our summers are hot, and winters are cold. Not much in between. I already have a shoulder holster for my Kimber, but I don't use it that often. Not real comfortable. I'm considering behind the back or a canted holster on the side.

What has worked for you guys, and what would you recommend? I'm trying to stay under a hundred, but that may not be possible.

DBAR

ragwd

I am a righty, but my best holster is a DeSantis Speed Scabbard. I have a black OWB speed scabbard. They are a little expensive but I found mine a bit cheaper at a local gun shop. I tried alot of holster but its the only one I use. I have one for my HK and one for my Glock.
http://www.desantisholster.com

Last edited:

45Gunner

Look at the Galco pancake holsters. I carry my Kimber in one of those and find it works best of all the other holsters I own.

golfnutrlv

High Noon

I have this one for my 1911: High Noon Slide Guard

And This for my Smith M&P 9mm: High Noon Topless

They are great holsters, easy to use and maintain. Priced well. Only downside is the time it takes to get them, but they work all the same. They will rush an order for an additional cost, but your choice.