New gun room

sks

Well it was a project that took me about three months as I am no handyman and it was done on nights and spare weekends. Not too many of those available. :)

Had to frame up this room, sheet rock it, paint, etc. Finally have a nice, quiet place to reload and contemplate the many guns I don't have. :)

Not as fancy as some I've seen but not where I was before either. Cost me about $300 total as I did the work myself and improvised in several areas.

Attachments

• Gun room 1.jpg
    Gun room 1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 471
  • Gun room 2.jpg
    Gun room 2.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 427
  • gun room 3.jpg
    gun room 3.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 404

sks

Here are some more pics of the room.

Attachments

• gun room 4.jpg
    gun room 4.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 293
  • gun room 5.jpg
    gun room 5.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 261
  • gun room 6.jpg
    gun room 6.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 243

KC Rob

Did you lacquer those stickers onto the table? That looks really sweet, I might just have to steal that idea. Great job.

sks

Thanks sserdlihc. Only thing is, now my wife wants me to do other projects. Not sure I can put the heart into anything else. :)

Buzz Kill, my original idea was to lacquer them on but that was way too time intense and I'm not sure it would have given me what I wanted. They say you live and learn and I did. I put two coats of lacquer on before realizing that it wasn't what I wanted to do. Then I used an epoxy glaze coat that you simply pour on. Used masking tape around the edges to avoid drippage and run off. However if I ever do it again, I'll leave the stickers attached to their backing and not peel them off before doing this. Oh well. Now I'll just have to do it all again. :)

Rembrandt: Yeah I hear ya. I had to use come Christmas gift cards for sheet rock and such. The cashier asked why I was using a Christmas gift card to buy sheet rock and mud. ha! If I have to explain you won't understand. :D

Jmcdowel

Looks really good. The only thing that i saw that threw me off was upon opening your first pic my eyes run right to the pink one! Man that sticks out!

mrclean77

NICE!

So this was part of the basement you framed in or what? I have one room of our house that I called before we bought it, but it's for guitars/etc & I have to check the amp every time to make sure our 1 y-o didn't crank me up to 11 (it's happened:eek: ) don't think I'd feel safe with firearms in that room

sks

Seancass: The pistols are mostly locked away or in use. :) In the vehicles or in quick access safes around the house. Some are in their cases but again, those are not out.

jmcdowel: The pink one is for my six year old daughter. It is her Cricket. She has the Cricket and a Ruger MK II .22 that she likes. She likes the Ruger because it has 10 shots. :)

mrclean77: Two sides were the concrete walls in the basement and one side was partially done. I had to frame the rest, insulate, sheetrock, put the air vent, paint, etc. Not a professional job by any stretch of the imagination but it'll do for my purposes.

Yeah, keeping it clean will be a problem. I did some .357 reloads last night, tumbled some .45lc, 9mm and misc. rifle brass so there are already bins, cups, etc scattered around. :) That is what makes it fun.

Here is the best part. When my wife and I went to get the paint she suggested like a grey. I said no, let's go for a tan or something. I found one that looked about right and when we read the name of the color I knew it was the one. The color is Sunset Nude! :eek:

Thanks to all for the props.

jesus5150

Mr. Clean...

I have to check the amp every time to make sure our 1 y-o didn't crank me up to 11

From one guitarist to another...

That's the only volume you should be playing on.

My head starts putting out the best sound after 6, and at 9 my speakers get full excursion and the vibrations carry me to another dimension! The only way to fly!

I had to choose between a guitar room and a gun room too. Since I only have 2 guns, and i have 7 guitars... I took the first. I knew I'd EVENTUALLY have a ton of guns but had to think about now... KILLER ROOM!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

GuyMontag

I'm so painfully jealous. Then again, if I had a room like that, it'd look pretty bare. For now, I need to spend the money on actual guns.

Great job though. I dig it.

ritepath

Wonder if the wife would let me steal our walk-in closet for my "gun" room. Of course she won't let my safe in out of the garage so the answer is probably no.:rolleyes:

Harry Callahan

Nicely done, sks. However, for me, I think I would keep the guns in a safe and use the room strictly for reloading, but that's just me. I would be worried about fire, a twister, sticky fingers,etc. But hey, you did a nicer job than I think I could do, so my hat's off to ya.

Rich Miranda

The only thing that i saw that threw me off was upon opening your first pic my eyes run right to the pink one! Man that sticks out!

Good ol' Daisy single shot, pink for little girls. If it gets 'em shooting, I say hang it up with the rest! :)