New Gun Please Help

detructo4130

I have been looking at the Springfield Xd series for a little while now, and i was planning on buying one. My buddy just bought a Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 13+1 i shot it over the weekend and i think i feel in love with the 1911. So within the next few months im going to buy one. I will be using it for Range,Carry, Home defense. Im not worried about the weight of either. By the way im leaning towards the 357sig or .40 for the XD. Thanks in advance for the input.

T_TANSIL

you're in the exact situation I'm in. I don't have a gun yet and I'm trying to decide between the 1911 or the XDSC. the only reason I'm leaning a little more towards the XD is because I want a CCW right away, and I don't think a 1911 is a very practical CCW for me.

Troponin

Big price difference; that's my major concern at first glance.

This is truly a preferance and financial decision. The XD SC made handgun of the year and has tested to be quite a value with a $400 price tag. The full size is a bit less expensive too, I think.

If you are looking for a full size auto, the Mil Spec is def a nice gun. I don't see a 13+1 anywhere on their site for the Mil Spec though. 9+1 in 9mm seems to be the most.

IMO, the best deal for a Micro from SF is the GI .45 Micro.

detructo4130

the 13+1 is the G.I. model but since it is hi-cap it has black grips on it unlike the reddish-brown ones on the regular G.I.. At first i have to admit that i wanted the XD because i was afraid of the .45's recoil i shoot at the range constantly and i dont want something thats goin to cause me to flinch all the time and beat up my hands. But one i actually shot a 1911 .45 i would have to say that i would rather shoot it than a compact .40. anyhow the G.I. i looked at before was 350 the one my buddy got the 13+1 was somewhere around 550 or 600 and the xd i looked at would end up being around 450 or 460 with three mags and a holster (its some promo springfield is running).