New gun and range report

Dirty_Harry

Alright gentlemen, as some of you know I have been looking for a .22 pistol for some time now. I finally found it. The Walther SP22.

http://www.waltheramerica.com/webap...angId=-1&parent_category_rn=48316&isFirearm=Y

It balanced perfectly, looked good and I just fell in love. It shot amazing too. My buddy, who always out-shoots me with my own pistols, managed to keep 10 shots in an inch at 30 feet. We are both new to shooting so the pistol will definitely out-shoot us. I would highly recommend this firearm, zero malfunctions out of around 200 rounds. The only thing I don't care for is the European magazine release. We also shot my buddies HK P30, P2000, S&W 629, Taurus 1911 and my Smith model 14.

Good times. :D

CLAYBROOK

I bought one a few months ago so I could shoot more and spend less. I carry an XD9 subcompact, so it's shorter barrel works as a good substitute on the range. It's a very light gun, so it took bit of getting used to, but now I am pretty accurate with it. I love it. Shoots bulk federal from walmart with little problems. Tons O' Fun.

Conn. Trooper

I bought the girlfriend a Walther P22, the smaller copy of the 99. She loves it and its cheap to shoot. Had some feeding problems at first though.

allenomics

Your report is more positive than most I read about the P22. IMO you either got a keeper or Walther is making them with fewer flaws. I still would not put it in the same league as Ruger or Browning. That said, if you got it for $200 or less NIB, it's not a bad deal.

kristop64089

I had my mind made up on my way to JSC's, then stopped at a funshop, where he had the M-1, and M-2. MAN THESE FEEL GOOD!. very light and balanced awesome!....I ended up waiting, as I want the other Beta testers work it out.

Honestly tho, if they would have had an M-3, i would have bought it.
Instead I got this:
100_0748.jpg

Dirty_Harry

allenomics

This is not a P22, it is a SP-22 and they are completely different pistols. I have heard up and downs about the P22, but the SP-22 was amazing. Look it up on their website.