Texas Armadillo

New Grip pics

P228 with new wood.:)

228-2.jpg

228-5.jpg

Last edited:

Rich Miranda

Nice Grips, Armadillo!

I have a Sig 226 which I intend to get Coco Bolo grips for. I'm thinking of doing either no checkering or maybe fish scales. I just feel like the checkering would be rough on my sensitive hands :D

How long from initial order to delivery on those?

Texas Armadillo

How long from initial order to delivery on those?

It varies. I've had to wait several weeks before... other times I get them in just a week or so. I guess it just depends if they have any in stock at the moment you order. It took so long on my P245 grips thatwhen they came in I forgot that I had ordered them.

Texas Armadillo

PBP wrote:
When I order from Hogue I always call and ask what they have in stock and chose from those.

I did that once a while back, and later when I looked at them I said to myself "dang, I should have just waited and got what I really wanted" and then went back and ordered what I wanted to start with.

So now, I don't mind how long it takes to get the ones I want.

LanceOregon

News Flash: The United States Center for Disease Control has determined that Coco Bolo is the latest fast spreading infectious disease to sweep across our nation!!

The agency has traced the latest outbreak to a man living in Texas known only as "Texas Armadillo". The primary method of infection is through the posting of online photos. These photos are especially prevalent in the popular Firing Line Forums.

All handgun owners need to take adequate precautions, and avoid contact with any message threads authored by Texas Armadillo. Clicking on links to his posts is the most reliable way for the disease to be transmitted!!

I should know myself, as I have been foolishly viewing many of Texas Armadillo's posts here in this forum. And I only started doing this 11 days ago. Yet, in that short of time, look at what has now happened to both my Walther PP and SIG 245:

two_grips_on.jpg

So you see, the incubation time for this disease is quite fast! The only limiting factors seem to be how many model grips Hogue currently has available for shipping, and their current backlog for brand new grips.

While the disease can mutate, and also cause infections of Rosewood, Kingwood, Goncalo Alves, and other variants, the occurrence of Coco Bolo appears by far to be the dominate strain.

Please help in forwarding this urgent warning to other handgun owners!

( Unless, of course, you want your handguns to end up looking like this!!! :D:D )

Last edited:
Cocobolo is an awesome wood. It is very beautiful and sturdy. It is a bitch to cut and the oil gives me a major rash but it is worth it.