New Grendel Build break in

hounddawg

Wilson Combat 22 inch 6.5 Grendel barrel, Aero Precision Mil-Spec AR-15 Upper Receiver, Aero Precision 6.5 Grendel/6mm ARC Bolt Carrier Group, Seekins Precision SP3 V3 M-LOK Rail, Midway .850 gas block

One of the if not the easiest barrel I have ever broke in. Only had a bucnh of trash ammo, Wolf 100 gn steel case. Did the old shoot a round and clean for the first 5, then did a three round and clean, then a five round and clean. Stopped getting copper during the initial five rounds. Last group of five at 100 was less than a MOA. Can't wait to get back to th erange with some good handloads.

A shoutout for Wilson Combat barrels, and Aero receivers. It was just shy of being a press fit. I was going to bed the barrel using LocTite 609 but decided it did not need it. Also the receiver fit into my Rock River lower perfectly with no slop at all. First few times I broke it open and tried to close it I got a bit of resistance even.

I have a 6 ARC barrel on order from Precision Firearms and plan on using the same receiver, BCG, and handguard on that build

mel80

ur going to love that barrel my 20" wilson shoots well under moa with handloads(.300-.400 edge to edge groups) and sub moa with factory ammo

hounddawg

Yeah I stil need to find a powder/bullet it likes. It actually shot under an MOA with Wolf steel case but yesterday turned it's nose up at Nosler 123 CC's and 8028. Last of those Noslers anyway. Next up is Barnes 120 MB's. I also have three or four other powders and a crapload of 140 gn bullets I can try. 100 - 123 gn 6.5's are scarce as hens teeth right now. Hornady and Lapua 130 gns are available though