New Gold Dot Head Stamp?

Shadi Khalil

Good evening all,

This might be a bit of a trifle, so to speak but it's really been bugging me. I recently burned through my last 200 rounds of years old GD 124 grn 9mm +P and cracked into my new stash and while loading up my mags, I noticed the # 14 stamped in between Speer and the +P markings. This was on each round of all ten 20 rounds boxes I looked through. Anyone noticed this or a different number? I know, I could just email Speer but why bother working people?

;)

Thanks.

Snyper

why bother working people?
Because that is what they are paid to do?

They're all on vacation now anyway:

http://www.speer-ammo.com/contact_us.aspx

Our offices will be closed starting December 24 to give our staff time with family and friends. We will reopen January 5, 2015. We apologize for any inconvenience. Your questions and comments are important to us. Please be assured your feedback will be addressed as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Last edited:

Catfishman

Quote:
why bother working people?

I love this attitude. If only more people had it.

I have some old WWII ammo and it all has forty something headstamped.

jonnyc

No mystery, you got a good answer in #2.
To shave costs, lots of manufacturers use standard brass and headstamps. Headstamp bunters are very expensive. Recently dated headstamps have become pretty common on US and European production. Unless a customer specifically orders (and pays for) a unique headstamp, they get the stock brass. Dated headstamps are very common on military and police contracts.