New Glock magazines

xm21

I bought a new magazine for my Glock 19 and when I got home I noticed something that was different from all my others,it had a cut out for the ambi release that the sf frame models use.The follower is slightly different in the area that engages the slide lock also.When inserted the magazine hangs out the bottom of the grip about 1/8th of an inch.I called Glock in Smyrna and was told that all Glock magazines now have this design so that if they make a SF pistol in that model the magazines will already be able to fit.I reckon that if folks want a magazine that fits right they now have to search for older mags.:(

Gunny

That's interesting.... I own a Glock 17L and a Glock 30SF. I know on the Glock 21SF they built the ambi mag catch/release but on the 30SF they didn't put the ambi on so it can use the older magazines.

I recently bought some new glock magazines and they didn't have the ambi cut on them... However they were 33rd mags.

I also didn't think there were any 9mm SF models from glock. I don't know why they would start building the magazines like that before they even have a SF version 9mm.

ATW525

The last G27 magazines I bought last fall were the same way. That they stick out further from the magazine well was also pretty obvious with +1 extensions installed. Sorry, don't have any pics and I sold that gun and the associated magazines last week.

Gunny

Here are a couple pictures ive taken of the mags with the guns... The one picture is of one side and the other is of the other side... These are the mags for the G17L and G30SF.... all bought this year, the 33rd mags from glock were bought about 3-4 weeks ago.

HPIM1475.jpg

HPIM1477.jpg

jmr40

I'm not sure I understand. Any Glock magazine, old or new, should work in any gun of the same model unless it has an ambi mag release. The only problem would be if youir gun had an ambi mag release then you will have to use the newest generation of mags.

varoadking

I'm not sure I understand. Any Glock magazine, old or new, should work in any gun of the same model unless it has an ambi mag release. The only problem would be if youir gun had an ambi mag release then you will have to use the newest generation of mags.

Beat me to it...you are correct, sir...

ATW525

The new magazines work fine, they just don't fit as flush as the old style did.

xm21

Like ATW525 said they work(according to the Glock factory guy I have not fired it) but do not fit flush.It just looks goofy and it also was kind of sleazy the way the supposed technical support guy at Glock tried to act like he had no idea that they protruded.It also kind of tripped me out how the three gun shops I called before I called Smyrna did not know anything about it.

Icopy1

I just purchased a G24C and its mags had the cutout for the ambi-safety. Fortunately, since the gun itself doesn't have the ambi-safety, all my old G22 mags will work just fine. I would have been P.O'd otherwise.