New Glock 27 Impressions

Tom B

I purchased a new G27 this week from Barrows Guns in Butler GA to go with my G26 which resides in an Alessi ankle holster. Put 300 rds thru it of 155FMJ, 180FMJ, and 180JHP+. All from GA Arms. Reliability was 100%.Accuracy seemed very good and recoil was more than the G26 of course but no worse than the G23 that I owned in the past. Shooting it without the mag ext was no problem. All in all I was impressed and this one is a keeper. Oh and one other thing - Looking at the ejected brass distance I would say the G27 could use a stronger recoil spring.

AA

This summer I plan to purchase a Glock 27 and will get the Pierce extensions for each magazine. I bought one when they first came out to go with my G23 (both great), but sold them after buying a couple of collectible Walthers (German).
Back to the Glock 27 -- couple questions: I paid only $425 for mine, and noticed last month, in Calif, the asking price was over $600!! Is that standard? Second, for CCW, I prefer the fron pocket carry. Which holster do you all recommend? Understand Uncle Mikes makes a simple and inexpensive front pocket holster (worked great for my model 38), and any comments re the Galco??

Tom B

I paid $519. for my G27 new. This was the last one the dealer had. They are becoming rather hard to find here. I put the Scherer grip/mag ext on both my G26 mags but saw a real difference in how the gun conceals (problems). I am going to stay stock on the G27 mags. I use an Alessi ankle and Uncle Mikes IWB holsters and the Scherers caused much more printing. I have never been a big fan of the Glocks accuracy and usually when I buy one I replace the barrel with a Bar Sto or KKM. With the mini Glocks however it is a different story. I am impressed with the accuracy. I firmly believe it has to do with the dual recoil spring system. I saw the same thing with the G30. Slightly longer cycle time. Anyway I know anyone would be happy with the G26/G27. Enjoy.

Glenn E. Meyer

I had a 27, it was a great gun. Got it for
$385. I could shoot it just fine. However, it was redundant with my 26 and ammo was more expensive. I have a kid in college and so I sold it for almost what I paid for it.

So I figure I rented it for two years for about $10. Wish I kept it. However, when I get a new 40 it will probably be a 35 as
the 26 is fine for carry.

Zensho

The G27 seems to benefit from a stronger recoil spring. The stock one is 16lbs I think. I went to the non captured Wolff guide rod and 20lb spring. Works with all the 155/165 gr factory loads I've put through it.

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Hello All; Purchased a NIB Glock 27 the summer of 96. I paid $409.88 + tax. My
is stock and carried in a Galco belt
slide holster, daily!!! :) Great gun :D

Regards,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Tom B

Zensho - I agree the 20lb spring is probably the way to go judging from the distance of ejected brass. I am going to put some more rounds thru it before I decide. Did you see any change in accuracy after going to a stronger spring? Cycle time was increased slightly and I wondered if it made a difference.

Richard

I should save this response and just do cut and pastes. The only 40 S&W i prefer is the
Browning High-Power. Other than it, I like the Glock 27 very much. It is a little pistol that thinks it can do everything and you can also do some fun things to it. You can use your Glock 23 Barsto barrel in it, you can use the standard magazines, you can add Pearce extensions to the standard magazine, or you can buy, my favorite, an A&G Adapter and use Glock 23 magazines. I paid
$540 out the door and it came with two Pearce extensions, night sights, and a box of ammo.
Once again, it is a great little pistol. Regards, Richard.

Zensho

Tom: I didn't notice much difference in accuracy, but then again 3" groups at 25 ft are all I expect from it. The felt recoil was improved with the 20lb spring, and I'm guessing easier on the frame.