New Glock 22

sailskidrive

I really didnt need another hand gun but I stopped by our local shop in town this week and couldn't resist the price on a Glock 22. Our local guy has a very small shop hidden away on a side street, he is basically a wholesale broker that puts some of his better stuff up for sale in the shop. Anyway, I picked up a Gen 3 Glock 22 police trade in that looks like it has been fired maybe 50 rounds for $339. I'm not a big Glock fan but for that price I couldnt resist the urge. I know the market is swamped with former police G22s right now but I thought the price was pretty good.

Just one question, anyone else notice that Glock frames all curve upward closest to the muzzle? To me it always looks like a molding defect.:confused:

ClydeFrog

Glock 22 .40 DPD issue/LE surplus...

$339.00 out the door is a great deal for a used LE issue model 22.

I saw a new/unfired Glock 22 3rd Gen pistol used by the Detriot MI police department. The PD converted to the Smith & Wesson MP40 service pistol in 2009. The sale price for the 22 is around $550.00 but I like those more than the dreadful Gen4s/RTF-02 pistols.

ClydeFrog

Kreyzhorse

Congrats. I too have an old police trade in Glock 22. Mine has some finish wear but overall is in great shape. I did replace the mags and other wise the gun is reliable as all get out.

zeke91

Glock 22

I have had my gun since 2000, lost count how many rounds have been thru it...A good guess would be atleast 2k. I have been through tactical courses, pleasure shooting, carried it as a back up weapon while hunting, shot anyting from low grade target ammo to high grade service bullets and just today had my first ftf that wasn't a training setup! This gun has lived up to the reputation that Glock has achieved, and although maybe not the most pretty little doll in the bunch, I would not hesitate to go tactical anytime with it!

hickok45

You got a really good value for your money. It's virtually impossible to wear out a Glock, so a "used" one is generally a great buy. Some of my favorite Glocks are ones that I found used.

Hickok45

artburg

Thats a good deal,I'm looking myself and nobody local has anything good.Saw 2 19's for $340-60 beat to death....Enjoy it !!:)

I got myself a police traded Glock 22 also, second generation. Thousands upon thousands of rounds too. I love it so much I sent it up to GA to get refinished and they changed all the parts for me free of charge.

Accurate and never one malfunction of any kind. Got it's baby the G27 I liked it so much :)

Quentin2

Well I had to post in a thread that Hickok45 posted in! Thank you for all your excellent and helpful videos, sir!

Oh yeah... :D Back on topic, I also bought a LE trade in Glock 22 with holster wear but little use otherwise. No problems with this very late Gen 2 (January 1997) and no reason to expect any.

The price was right at $359 but got more expensive quick as I recently bought a new 23 Gen4 to go along with it!

Don Glock

Just one question, anyone else notice that Glock frames all curve upward closest to the muzzle? To me it always looks like a molding defect.

OMG, your glock's defective! :eek:

truth is, the only glocks that don't do this appear in glock's product buyer's guide. every other one on the planet looks like that :)

sailskidrive

There's more....

When got it home I noticed a sticker on the side of the case labelled "spare", so I dont think it was ever issued. I'm actually working on trading it for a Glock 35.