new family member

guncheese

Regent R200SS
AKA: TISAS imported by Umarex
well picked it up yesterday, and tried to use the range but got there and there was some training event so was closed
so much for out of the box test
so i brought it home and double checked everything for obvious issues and function
all good in that dept.
looks good feels good
Hogue grip panels
dovetailed novak type sights
im likin it!
left_side.png

wanted to buff up some of the rough spots (not frame or slide, just the little bits and peices)
and found that the slide stop, grip safety,main spring housing and both thumb safeties are electroless nickel plated
i was wondering about how bright they seemed, and how hard they were to get polished up, now i have nice shiney copper!!
but they were not advertised as being stainless just the frame was and the frame looks really good to me
and there are none of those tool marks in the slide that everyone sees on anything that costs less than $2K
i did a detail strip and found none of the internal parts to be burr covered or hacked upon for fit in any way

nickel_plate_evidence.png

nickel_plated_bits.png

and some other pix of the whole deal

left_slide_open.png

shipped_mag_follower.png

this is how the ramp came polished, just might work
factory_ramp_polish.png

will be headed to the range tomorrow i believe, if not then Monday
and i will work on another photo shoot as i really need to build a light box

Miss Stana

Hope you have fun on the range. I guess I should consider myself lucky, I live away from town so I only have to go a mile to be away from buildings and shoot all I want.