New Double-Stack .45ACP "1911" Frame

kaylorinhi

I have a Para-Ordnance 13-45, SN RN19XXXX. I am looking for a, best for the Money, double-stack frame with a light rail! I have seen a few but would like the input of other who own or have first hand knowledge of such. I have a few things done to my current slide am am willing to use my local GS to get it running as I don't currently have the skill to do it.

Thanks
Kaylorinhi

Last edited:

Doc Intrepid

Chip McCormick came out with a high capacity frame in 1991 that was considered the shizzle for quite awhile for guys building guns for IPSC and other competitive shooting, but I see his company no longer offers it (although a few could be found knocking around somewhere, I'm sure.)

But it looks like Rock Island offers one now, and their frames seem to have a pretty good reputation as foundations for guys who like to build their own...

Here is one offered online:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=229886477

Doc, the one you linked to doesn't have a light rail -- and I don't think Armscor/Rock Island has a double stack frame with a light rail.

Caspian makes a double stack frame, but I don't think that's available with a light rail, either.

There really aren't that many double stack 1911s out there, and even fewer with integral rails. The OP may be looking at having to buy a complete Para pistol to get the frame. I don't think they sell anything other than their standard P14.45 "Gunsmith Kit" frame as a separate item -- and that doesn't have a rail.

HiBC

I'm having a mental block,can't recall the name,but there is the online outfit,sells custom guns,kits.parts,that is a split off from Dan Wesson

KyJim

I didn't initially respond since you wanted "the input of other who own or have first hand knowledge of such." I don't.

But, STI makes wide bodied frames with a rail. Brazos carries them. http://www.1911store.com/sti-2011-tactical-railframe-kit-1.aspx

Fusion Firearms sells STI frames re-branded with their name on them. I didn't see a wide bodied frame with tac rail on their website but I would call them and see if they might have one or get one.

HiBC said:
I'm having a mental block,can't recall the name,but there is the online outfit,sells custom guns,kits.parts,that is a split off from Dan Wesson
Fusion.

Not a split-off from Dan Wesson. When DW was purchased by CZ-USA, the former president of DW left (I don't know if he had his job eliminated, or simply chose to leave). He started a new company, Fusion. It is not in any way related to or "split off" from Dan Wesson.