New Diamondback .22 revolver

John D

New Diamondback Sidekick .22 revolver

I felt this new revolver had a lot of things going for it: affordable, 9-shot cylinder, both .22 and .22 Mag cylinders. The best thing was....it was double-action. I have several single-action revolvers and I was looking forward to adding this pistol to my collection. I was looking forward to shooting it and I just took it out for a try after Thanksgiving.

The good: both cylinders operate as they should, it seems to hit point-of-aim, and it's comfortable to shoot.

The bad: the double-action trigger is AWFUL! Really, really heavy trigger and difficult to stay on target. I'm a pretty strong guy and I had difficulty; my daughter-in-law just didn't have enough strength to operate it in double-action. The other difficultly was ejecting the spent brass - maybe this will improve after cleaning.

I seldom regret a firearm purchase but, in this case, I wish I had tried this revolver before purchasing. I think I would have saved my money and bought a used S&W.

Last edited:

Drm50

I had occasion to shoot one. This is one of the novelty grade guns now on market. The Hi-Standard Longhorn series, that what Diamondback is copy of, at least functioned well. I understand a lot of people don’t want to put out $500 or so for a S&W. I would send that piggy to market and maybe look for a used Charter Arms or even Taurus in 22lr model with adj sights.

Pahoo

Not looking good !!!

The bad: the double-action trigger is AWFUL! Really, really heavy trigger and difficult to stay on target.
You are talking about a Colt; right?? If so, then I'm surprised and disappointed.
Once passed on a set of blued and have regretted doing so. Guess I might have to wait for Kimber to come out with one. Sad ??? ... :mad:

Be Safe !!!

44caliberkid

It’s the Diamondback Sidekick. On their website, read the disclaimer after the specs on the gun. Hilarious. I guess it violates some states Saturday Night Special laws, because they use metals with low melting points, zinc alloy.

wild cat mccane

The Diamondback DB9 is on generation 4 and none work. So no. I'm not going to give that company any more of my money.

Even Taurus backed out of being their distributor after laying off a lot of their staff.

Not with a ten foot pole until you all prove me wrong.

But I put in my money with 5 DB9s. Nope.