New deer rifle suggestions

Carbon_15

I have decided to cull down my rifle collection just a bit. I' going to sell off 2 or 3 that I never use and replace them with 1 good all around rifle. here is what I'm looking for:
30-06, modereatly short and handy (19-22 in barrel...dosn't have to be a carbine, but no fly rod types either), modest weight, synthetic stock, stainless, and ACCURATE

I was considering the Kimber Montana, but it isn't available in 30-06. Right now I think the Browning A-Bolt and Steyr ProHunter. Any input is apreciated.
Thanks
Jason

Foxman

Nothing wrong with Win mod 70 , Rem 700, or if you want to spend money Black Mountain rifles, Tikka T3 all good stuff none of them take any prisoners!

ATCHunter

I am a big fan of the Browning A-Bolt rifles! I looked at the Remingtons and Winchesters, and the Browning cycled more smoothly, the bolt doesn't have to rotate as far to cycle, and I liked the safety much better. I like the 3 position Winchester safety, but in a deer stand when you are shooting at a deer no more than 50 yards away, the Winchester safety was too loud, and it would spook deer. The Remington safety wasn't wuite as loud as Winchester's, but still louder than Browning and more stiff to push. Some of those things may be able to be remedied as well. The Browning is very accurate and is the same length as the Remington and Winchester.

Just my .02

saintjb

I am with Foxman. Winchester Model 70 and Tikka T3. Accurate, dependable, good history.

Good Luck
JB