New CZ today

Smith66

I finally broke down and bought a CZ 75B this morning! I found it for $400 so I picked up a couple boxes of ammo as well, and I absolutley love it. What a great feeling, great shooting gun! Now all I have to do is find a good IWB holster and a couple of full capacity mags. Any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance
Smith66

chris in va

Congrats on the 75. I love mine. It's my CCW.

One thing, if you have FTE problems, you'll probably need a stronger mag spring and possibly the extractor one too. I had massive feeding issues and just fixed it today. It still doesn't feed WWB 100% reliably, but Blazer works great in it. Also if you want to lighten up the trigger some, get a 17# hammer spring. I'm not sure why the factory puts a 20# in there...

Have fun.

tom650604

Way to go dude! I love my CZP01. CZ are great handguns. When I held mine, I took it home that day. My PO1 is my favorite handguns I own up to date. :D

tom650604

Way to go dude! I love my CZP01. CZ are great handguns. When I held mine, I took it home that day. My PO1 is my favorite handguns I own up to date. :D

rellascout

Hey Chris in VA sorry to hear that you are still having trouble with your CZ 75. I would send it back to CZ. The CZ 75 should eat anything you put in it. WWB should be no problem.

IMHO any gun that does not feed 100% would not be my carry weapon of choice. A weapon should only go on your hip after a few 1000 rounds with no hicups. I have seen from your other posts that you are carrying this weapon. Be careful I would hate to see it jam on you when you really need it.

Rellascout

dairycreek

Dear Smith66!

Congrats on your new CZ. You will come to love it! As to holsters for it check out http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/. Eric makes a terrific holster and is particularly good when it comes to making products for CZ's. I have a number of his holsters made for my CZ pistols and they are a quality product made for a reasonable price. :)

donkee

Arizona Gunrunners has 16rd CZ mags for under 19.00 (like 18.95 or sumpthin'). They are MecGars and work great......

VaughnT

The MecGar mags are great and I use them without hesitation. My CZ just ran through a 1200+ round course and didn't burp.

The only thing I would suggest you do is to replace the recoil and FP springs with a heavier Wolff product. I didn't have any problems, but this seemed the practical thing to do for a duty pistol.

I've not had any problems with feeding, and I use WWB ammo almost exclusively. She also loves Ga Arms Gold Dots. The only time I've seen a problem was with 147g Gold Dots, and that was the magazine springs as the rounds wanted to nosedive in the mag tube before they went up the ramp.

Keep in mind that the magazine bases are butt-suckers! I hate those little slips of tin and how they stick out from under the mag well. You can replace these with CPMI, Beretta, and others who make slam pads for the Witness 9mm or Beretta 92/96 magazines. TZ75 magazines will also function perfectly in the CZ75. I really like the CPMI aluminum pads as they are durable and look good. The Beretta pads are rubber over metal and will delaminate or chip over time.

I like my BHP and think my Colts are the best thing since sliced bread, but that dang CZ is something you have to see to believe. The ergonomics are just about perfect for just about everybody.

BigGun97B

Welcome to Club CZ, check out www.czforum.com , I know I really like my .45 CZ97B. CZ in Kansas City, Kansas is pretty customer freindly. Contact Mike for gunsmithing, I believe Jeff is the warehouse guy that pulls parts, he'll go out of the way to hook you up most of the time.

Smith66

range report

Hey everybody thanks for the replies!

I just got back from the range a bit ago, despite the horrible weather :D
I bought mostly FMJS (100 WWB, 50 S&B), and one box of Magtech FMJs as well, and they all fed without a hitch. I'm impressed with how reliably this weapon feeds so far. Also, the accuracy right out of the box is very impressive. I geuss nobody was lying about that! Off hand at 15yrds with a slight breeze, I usually put 10 rounds into 3.5" or less, so I'm anxious to find out what it could do from a bench rest. I'm pretty excited about all this, my mom even said she wants me to teach her how to shoot it :rolleyes:
I'll post again as I keep shooting, and thanks for the welcome to the CZ family!

Smith66

Bullrock

Smith66

I'm green with envy. I couldn't find one around where I live at a reasonable price so I purchased a CZ 75 B Glossy Blue 9mm from Gilberts Guns about a week ago. I just got off the phone with them and they haven't received the hardcopy transfer yet. Maybe next week!

I do plan to carry mine in a custom holster from Black Hills Leather. Reason, reinforced opening for easy re-holstering, smooth leather interior for quick draw, great leather, and handcrafting. About the same price as a Galco.

Good Luck

CrazyTrain

9mm or .40?

Congratulations, Smith! Is your 75B 9mm or .40?

My neighbor talked me into a 75B/.40 last spring. $389 NIB. That thing is a truck. I put A Hogue wraparound grip on it, otherwise it's stock. I haven't cleaned it in the last 3 range outings - I'm just going to keep going til I hit 1000-1200 rounds since the last cleaning to see if it has a problem being dirty.

Be careful, CZs have a way of gravitating to you after you buy your first one. I've picked up 4 since the 75B and a couple BDE's. Now I want a 75B in 9mm, an SP-01, and the new Compact .40 :rolleyes: :D

CZ-75B/.40 at left:
7CZs2.jpg

Smith66

Bullrock:Congrats on your 75, I bet that glossy blue will look sharp. I do like the look of those Black Hills holsters too. I wanted to mention that I appreciated what you said in that "Willin" thread over in T&T as well. You're right on there.

CrazyTrain: I bought the 9mm version due to ammo prices, 40sw is pretty spendy around here. Thats a fine collection you got there I must say. How do you like the 40P? I've seen them around for pretty good prices, but never shot one. Is it anything like the P01?

Smith66

CrazyTrain

It's not a collection, it's a symptom of illness :rolleyes:

I haven't shot the 40P - it stays in the box for now. I have my hands full with trying to make decisions on some of these others - custom grips, springs, holsters, and which to practice with for my CCW.

It'll get shot eventually, but it's last in line.

I must say I prefer 9mm for shootability, and I'm tending towards something with a frame-mounted safety on the left side only. I do like the 75B in .40 - but it has an ambi safety. That's a good excuse for a 75B in 9mm don't you think??? :cool:

Last edited:

Eric Larsen

Youll love CZ's!!!!!! They are the reason I started making holsters...I have had 23+ of them. They are absolutely nice and not just for the money.

IWB carry with the gun can be easily done with the right holster...just make sure you get a good one........Shoot well.....