New CZ 10mm pistol?

Venom1956

Not for me. BUT I really really like the idea. if I had a want/need for a 10mm this would be at the top of my list. Hopefully they get it made. Very cool stuff.

Walt Sherrill

Prototype made from a CZ 97B and an SP-01 slide, custom built. Anyone think they might like one?

I'm surprised they didn't just adapt a 97B slide, as the SP-01 is based on the 9mm/.40 frame and slide, although widened a bit. But it's a nicely-done conversion. (They must know something I don't about the SP-01 -- and that's very likely, since I've never seen an SP-01 up close.)

I had a S&W 1076 and later a Witness Sport Long Slide to which I later added a standard 10MM slide/barrel. Both guns performed well, but although I had been exposed, I didn't succumb.

Last edited:

bamaranger

+1

I'm for anything that keeps the 10mm alive.

Only comment was it seemed from the video that the SA reset on the pistol was a bit much, but that may not be the case in reality.

What is the mag capacity?

RickB

15+1
Vltor couldn't get enough interest to go through with their Bren Ten program, but CZ sees enough of a market? Good on 'em.

Skans

Skans, How has your EAA 10mm performed for you?

Beautifully. It is one of my most accurate and favorite guns to shoot. I've not had any malfunction while shooting it. The DA/SA trigger, it is by far one of the best I've experienced - close to the feel of a true Single Action only, when cocked, with little take-up or overtravel.

My biggest complaint is that it's not "cheap" to shoot, although I did find a good deal on bags of 10mm ammo at the last gun show I attended and intend on giving it a good work-out once I get the chance.

Skans

Vltor couldn't get enough interest to go through with their Bren Ten program, but CZ sees enough of a market? Good on 'em.

That gun does not really resemble a Bren Ten (Oh, how I wish it did!). But, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see another MFG jump into the 10mm market. More 10mm's means more 10mm ammo - win win for everyone!!!

RickB

No, the CZ has its own distinct features, but the Bren was, in a lot of ways, a CZ75 blown-up to accept the .45 ACP cartridge, and the CZ97 is essentially the same concept, even if executed a bit differently.
I like that they are able to use the smaller SP01 slide, keeping the weight down, and also lowering the bore line, I'd think?
The Vltor Bren was going to use Witness 10mm mags, also of 15rds capacity, as opposed to the originals Bren's 10-round capacity.
I just could not "pull the trigger" on a $2000-$3000 Bren Ten, that maybe shouldn't even be shot, but a $700(?) CZ, chambered in 10mm, would probably make me happy.

Darker Loaf

Very cool: I've wanted that exact style of gun for a long, long time. So much so that back in the day (my second center fire handgun purchase) was an EAA Match Witness in 10mm... needless to say, it did not run with the ammo I was sold with the gun. Perhaps, the 10mm I was sold was not hot enough, but since 10mm was so expensive, I did not want to try to find 10mm that made it run. So, I sold the gun when times got tight, not willing to dump more dollars into a gun that did not run from day 1 (though I've had a number like that...).

But, the EAA was essentially a CZ 75 knock off, and I've always wanted to get a CZ. I love the feel and form-factor of a single-action CZ.

Thankfully, I bought an XD 9mm as my first centerfire gun and lucked out with a winner.

However, there's always been a hole in my gun-loving heart for CZ's and 10mm as a result.

tjh

I'd like one !! looks very cool be cooler if they will handle full power house 10mm loads . AND be priced reasonable !

barnbwt

Is it me, or is the slide not quite in proportion with the frame? Makes the front end look skinny, like a PMR :D. It certaintly looks more svelt than many of the other 10mm offerings, however. Hurray for someone adopting this cartridge (maybe CZ will come out with a 10mm carbine to match at some point :p)

TCB