New Colt Pistol for $655?

allenomics

I've been interested in buying a Colt pistol for quite some time. I've always been turned off by the price/quailty. While surfing Bud's Gun Shop I saw a new Colt for just $655.01.

Details are listed below.

Would you consider buying this gun?

Colt 1991 Government .45acp 5" Blue
Model: O1991 $655.01
This Item is in stock. Part Number:O1991
Bud's Item Number: 36291
Item Condition: Factory New

SPECIFICATIONS
Type: Pistol
Action: Single
Caliber: 45 ACP
Barrel Length: 5"
Capacity: 7 + 1
Safety: Firing Pin, Grip safety
Grips: Checkered Black Rubber
Sights: Fixed
Weight: 38 oz
Finish: Matte

ulflyer

Seems like a decent price to me. I have a couple of the 1991A1 Colts and they are fine guns as they come out of the box for casual, and reliable, shooting. Everything you need and if you later want to upgrade to fancier stuff there are plenty of options. Theres just something about owning a "Colt".........:D

But then I have a couple of Norinco's and a Springfield that shoot just a good too. But they ain't Colts. ;)

Extremist

I would buy this instead for $50 more :)
SW1911

15086.jpg

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/15086
- Better Sights
- Better Warranty
- 8 Round Mags
- Serrated front strap
- Checkered mainspring housing

My .02 worth.

James

That's an excelent price for the new roll mark 1991's...never cared for the older 1991's. If you want an original 1911, only a Colt will do. Anything else, inspite of how "good" or "expensive" they are will still be copies. Want something closer to the original design, then the Series 70 Mk IV will be your ticket...more money, but still a Colt. Now, on another thread, many extoll the vitues of a $2000.00 1911...IMHO, if you have 2K, buy one of each...Colt WWI and WWII 1911/1911A1...nothing out their will appreciate in value like these will...again, they are Colt's...not copies. (wink).