New Colt King Cobra .22

ds-10-speed

My new Colt came in and I am impressed with the initial quality out of the box. The trigger is smoother than any new DA .22 I bought new. I shot it a few times to sight it in then ran about 100 rounds with no miss-fires. It's a little smaller than my S&W 617's, similar in size to an SP101.

Attachments

• kc1_small.jpg
    kc1_small.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 311
  • kc2_small.jpg
    kc2_small.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 171
  • kc6_small.jpg
    kc6_small.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 163

ds-10-speed

Added pics

Attachments

• kc5_small.jpg
    kc5_small.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 125
  • kc10_small.jpg
    kc10_small.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 111
  • kc7_small.jpg
    kc7_small.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 100
It's a very nice looking revolver, but the old codger in me immediately wonders how much better it might look with some classic walnut, rosewood, or cocobolo grips ...

Ernest T Bass

Very nice! That is #1 on my buy list. I’ve been waiting for one of those ever since they were announced. I’ll be getting a 6” model as soon as I can find one around $1k. It looks beautiful!

rc

I'm impressed with how smooth all the metal is. There are not a lot of obvious machine marks. CZ is helping colt with quality!

Sgt127

I still have, and shoot, my first handgun. A Colt Diamondback I got in 1975.

If that new Colt is about the same size, I might have to get one. It’s beautiful.

Kreyzhorse

I've got 3 of the new Colts and they are absolutley well made guns. The matte finish isn't my favorite, but the King and Python are really well made.

As far as the .22lr King above, yeah, it would look sweet with wood grips..... A gun like that deserves more than those rubber plastic thingys.

rodfac

I've got a Diamondback .22 with a 4" bbl. that's a good, lightwt revolver, but does not compare to my Smith M-18 as to DA and SA trigger weight/pull and accuracy. Best regards, Rod Here they are:

I would love to have a classic Diamondback exactly like the one in your photo, but the prices are so high you'd think they were made of solid gold.

Last edited:

Matt Sutton

The picture with the cocked hammer looks like there is pitting just below the rear sight. Is that debris, or leftover pitting from the casting?