new citori

bobn

what a maroon. should have purchased one years ago. it shoots where it points. handles like a dream. it is so good I gathered up all the remingtons and ithicas and took them to the pawn shop. good bye, like a bad girlfriend.
...I bet I spent over 3 grand on mediocre guns chasing clays (both 5 stand and sporting). the instant choke choice is wonderful too. recoil is a lighter than some of the semis I shot. must be stock design and weight balance. oh well. bob

Last edited:

stuckinthe60s

I wish more people here would read your comment. 99% of the posts here are queries for info on the cheapest of cheap guns made.

bobn

I got the cxs. this last year I tried a rem classic trap and a Browning Maxus. Neither was as smooth as the citori. ....bob

Last edited:

Lohman446

I'm glad to see this post. I have been slowly whittling my collection down as far as quantity and going more for quality. I really only can justify one shotgun and have been waivering on what to do. This puts things a bit more back into perspective

bobn

I fully intend to use this thing birds. Clays. Coyotes. Whatever. Some of the guns I ditched I have had since my 20s. Bob

joed

I've looked at the Citori but ended up with a nice Superposed. I'm totally sold on the Brownings.

When I started shooting clays I was talked into a Red Label all weather. After 2 years I kept having problems with light strikes. After the second trip to a smith I parted ways with it. Now I fully agree about buying quality.

Blindstitch

I fully intend to use this thing birds. Clays. Coyotes. Whatever. Some of the guns I ditched I have had since my 20s. Bob

I use my Citori on everything I can but the Mossberg 500 still gets a lot of use in wet weather and duck hunting on the marsh. I wish I could trust myself not to have a stupid moment and potentially drop it in the drink. It has only happened once with the Mossberg and kayak but the rope attached brought the gun up easily.

And I also like third shot capability.
This year:
Citori ---22 pheasants, 1 mallard drake and a rabbit.
Mossberg 500-- 2 pheasants, 9 coots, 1 bluebill, and 1 mallard.

bobn

update. did some pattern checking today. Carlson's light modified tube with clever mirage ammo is the ticket. nice round pattern with no holes. bob

eastbank

I own-hunt-shoot four o/u,s, two double barrels, one semi-auto and one single shot, all brownings. and I have other shotguns too for special hunts. but the brownings get 90 percent of the action. i have not had any problems with any of the brownings thru tens of thousands of rounds, factory and reloads.