New CCW Law Takes Effect 3/14 (OHIO)

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/article3597.html

The long awaited end to one of the dumbest provisions of Ohio's original concealed carry law is here.

For the first time in the almost three years since Ohio's concealed carry law took effect, CHL-holders are no longer required to carry their holstered firearm in "plain sight" while in a motor vehicle. The unpopular, unsafe requirement was struck from Ohio's law by HB347, a bill which became law despite a gubernatorial veto last December.

Other changes include:

License holders may now carry in an unlocked closed purse or bag so long as the purse or bag is closed with a snap, buckle or zipper and is in plain sight.

Concealed Handgun Licenses (CHLs) issued under the new law are good for 5 years versus 4 years under current law. The application fee increases to $55.

Sheriffs must accept applications for CHLs at least 15 hours per week (and applications for Temporary Emergency Licenses (TELs) during normal business hours), ending the administrative harassment some counties were imposing upon applicants.

So now we don't have to carry concealed by carrying openly any more. :rolleyes: :confused:

Glad this law is finally on the books. CCW is much easier in Ohio now.:)

-Dave

Love&Hate12

Very good. As much as we see all of this paranoia that firearms are going to be taken away from us(I feel this type of behaviour wrongly represents firearm owners as well, if we'd just take action in a class way and beat the opponents from an intellectual stand point while they slander, then we wouldn't have as many problems)it's always interesting to see how many states are making it easier to get CWP's and other regulations.

Kreyzhorse

Excellent. I'm a NKY boy and placing your CCW in plain sight in order to cross over the river was the dumbest damn law I've ever heard of. I don't credit Ohio for getting much right, but this time they did. Congrats to all of my Ohio CCW brothers and sisters. Kiss the buckeye tuck goodbye.