New Carbine

David the Gnome

Well I finally picked up the carbine I've always wanted:

cx4storm02.jpg

It's a Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm with the Beretta 92FS magazine insert. The factory mags are two standard 15 round Beretta 92FS magazines. I plan on picking up a few Mec Gar semi-flush 20 rounders to increase the capacity since the semi-flush mags should fit very nicely into the grip of the CX4 Storm and the extra bulk of the mags won't matter with a shoulder fired weapon. I also plan on getting the bottom rail mount for a front grip and a side mount for a sling.

This should make the perfect emergency/zombie gun. It is very lightweight and can be paired with a Beretta 92FS, sharing mags between the two weapons (the biggest advantages being you only have one type of ammo to carry and if anything happens to either weapon you can use the mags in either gun). Recoil is nearly non-existent and accuracy is excellent within 9mm ranges (under 100 yards or so). The short overall length also makes it quite handy indoors, with reduced danger of over-penetration like you get with rifle cartridges.

I'm going to let my fiance give it a try over the weekend and see how she likes it. Hopefully it will still be mine by the end of the weekend and I won't have to buy another. :p

bryceh12321

To me that looks like the ideal machine for home defense. Especially if you have family/neighbors on the other side of the wall.

raven11

nice looking weapon, i've shot one at the range and if i could find one at my local shop i'd snap it up

Abel

Every gun shop that I've ever done business with will order whatever you want. Is your gun shop different?

alaskaman94

Every gun shop that I've ever done business with will order whatever you want. Is your gun shop different?
. I personally won't buy a rifle without holding it first and many shops make you comit before they order it