New Canik TP9SA Owner, Questions During Function Check

Snyperx

Hey folks!! Hoping some fellow TP9SA owners can chime in. Recently picked up a new Canik TP9SA. I brought it home and did a quick field strip and oil. As I was function checking the gun I ran into an issue, I think, while checking the trigger reset. Here are the steps I was using:

1. Remove magazine
2. Rack Slide
3. Depress Trigger
4. Keep Trigger Depressed
5. Rack Slide
6. Slowly Release Trigger to Verify Reset

I noticed a few times that the trigger would not reset. I had to rack the slide again and with much more force to get the trigger to reset. It also seemed to reset more consistently when racking the slide from the front versus using the rear serrated area. Keep in mind I have not had a chance to run any rounds through it yet, but find it puzzling that I can't consistently get the trigger reset to work.

Any thoughts on this? I am hoping its just because the gun is new and has not been "broken in" as I really don't want to send this thing in already. Really hoping some TP9SA owners can chime in.:confused::confused::confused:

tahunua001

don't own the SA, I did own the original tp9 and currently own the SF(same as SA but without decocker). I never experienced that issue with either of mine. it sounds like it's not fully returning to battery. when you press the slide back are you letting it slam shut or slowly releasing it back? one easy way to test is to smack the back of the slide with the palm of your non firing hand to see if it clicks shut and if the trigger resets.

Snyperx

No issue with it returning to battery. Its only when testing the trigger reset. Hold the trigger, rack the slide, then slowly release the trigger and wait for reset only sometimes mine won't. It seems if I rack the slide super hard I can get it to reset. Most of my guns if you rack the slide moderately hard the trigger will reset fine. Seems the TP9SA needs much more aggressive and forceful slide rack for it to reset. Just seems odd to me.