New Browning Xbolt White Gold

bshefa

I got a wild hair and decided to trade in a rifle I didn't like for something I did. I have always been intrigued with the 300 WSM and light handy rifles. This one seems to fit the bill.

I Took it out to the local range and broke it in (I don't want to hear the arguments). After doing this, I shot my first real group. This was after using a cheap bore sight. From here I adjusted to 1 in high.
image.jpeg

I have more hunting rifles than I can count but overall this rifle is my new favorite. I shot 3 boxes of Winchester 150 grain ballistic silver tips and all of the groups were 0.7 or smaller

The rifle may be a bit pretty to go stomping around in brush with but will still hunt or stand hunt just fine.

Kvon2

I have one in .223. Still my favorite gun to shoot!

Your stock is a much lighter shade than mine, has this one been modified at all?

WCWV

Purrrrrrty!
I have a X bolt Stainless Stocker 280 rem and I have to say that I'm very pleased with it.
That's a really nice X bolt you have there

Boogershooter

I bought the wife one in 270 wsm at the beginning of last season. She absolutely loves it. Several of her friends told their husbands they would start hunting if they could have a rifle that pretty. The recoil pad and 26 inch barrel tame the recoil and muzzle blast very well. Great rifle and great cartridge choice you made. Congrats

bshefa

Kvon, The stock is the light maple one. I had only seen it a few times on blued rifles from Browning. Obviously, they are making the stainless ones in it now too. I don't see them listed on their website but I have seen a whole display of them.

bshefa

I don't know if the octagon barrel is supposed to add something or if it is for looks. Seems to group nice either way