New Bersa 380 Problem

lamarw

New pistol is only three weeks old and maybe a hundred rounds fired.

I have had the Drawbar/Disconnector Spring separate from the Drawbar/Disconnector on three occassions.

I thought after the first two occurrences it might of been caused by the new Crimson Trace grips I had placed on the pistol. I could not see why this would of caused the issue, but just in case I replaced the original grips. Twenty rounds later it happened again.

Of course with the spring out of place, the pistol will not fire. Once you place the spring back in the drawbar niche, then the gun is good to go for about twenty or so rounds.

I have emailed Bersa, but I am hoping someone here might have a solution. I hate to think I have to have an FFL ship it to a Bersa Warranty Center. If so, I will take it back to the sporting goods store I acqured it from for their help in doing so.

Any thoughts or help.

michael t

Ship it here It will be fixed and fixed right He is the #1 warranty

CGW (This keeps people from seeing the word GUN on the package and wanting to know what is inside)

2631 West Vine Drive

Ft. Collins, CO 80521

(970) 482-4867

thunderbird101

Sorry to hear about your problems! I too recently picked up a Bersa .380, and like many other Bersa owners, can't say enough good things about it! Sounds like you got a lemon! Keep us posted as to if it is fully repaired when it gets back from the shop!

lamarw

Thank You for your comments. Today, I returned the pistol to the sporting goods store where I bought it (three weeks ago).

They will send it to the Bersa Repair Center in LA. It is the one they are required to use for warranty work as a regional requirement.

The sales person stated they consider the Bersa .380 as a quality pistol. He estimated the return time at about four weeks.