New Beretta 92A1

ShipWreck

I went and got my 92A1 out of jail - I mean lay-a-way. It's the newest railed model Beretta just released about 2-3 months ago. It has a dovetailed front sight, a recoil buffer, and a rail with a curved trigger guard. Gun is very nice and is made in Italy.

I cleaned the gun prior to the first shooting, and put Hogue grip panels on it...

Gun shot great. 100% reliable. I put 150 rounds thru it.

The rear sight is too far to the right, by just a hair. I brought my 90-Two to compare, and I shot that one dead center. So, I know it's not me. You can barely tell that the rear sight is just barely not centered.

This weekend, I'll take it to a local smith and have them fix it for me I think.

Anyway - here is a pic of the set now :)

Beretta-set1.jpg

Here is a close up of the new gun :)

92A1.jpg

92a1-00.jpg

Last edited:

AustinTX

Congrats on that outstanding new pistol! There are other priorities, but I know I'll end up getting a 92A1 at some point.

LloydXmas250

Don't have a 92 yet personally but I love my stepfather's. Amazing gun. All Berettas seem to be. You can bet they make quality guns when you see how long they've been in business. I have a PX4 Storm and love that as well. Hope to add one of these to my collection as well.

ShipWreck

I do not know - I don't think it comes out easily. I don't see it needing to be replaced - at least not for a long time. I'll bet Beretta can replace it. But the 90-Two has been out for 4 years now, and I do not remember seeing that as a part that can be ordered...

AustinTX

Is the recoil buffer replaceable?

The Beretta tech I spoke with said that it should last for thousands of rounds but that it is a replaceable part. I wish I had more information on price and availability, but I called with the purpose of asking a couple of other questions and ended up asking this one as a bit of an afterthought.

JohnKSa

Administrator
Thanks for the information.

In my opinion, this is what the 90-Two should have been in the first place. I may have to have one...

IMightBeWrong

I was just about to get the same piece when I got my cz. Still want one for a full sized option. It seems to me like berettas newer pistols are being built smoother and nicer than before.

ShipWreck

This is the first Beretta I've ever bought new that didn't have some sort of scratch on the finish someplace. It is very nice.